Dead Kel DLC, how do i get to brigands hideaway?

#1blittimPosted 3/27/2012 2:35:45 PM
I may just be blind, but in the dead kels dlc, on one of the side quests, i need to get to a lorestone in brigands hideaway. It shoes the treasure and hideaway on my map, but it doesnt actually show a map and i cant figure out how to get down there. Thank you for any help.
#2NasteemanPosted 3/27/2012 2:57:46 PM
You need to finish the DLC's main quest first, then head back to Port Solace where you can pick up the quest involved (called either the "Invaders' or "Invasion", something like that,) the way will be open then.
#3Jin_22Posted 3/27/2012 3:00:11 PM

I am not sure that this is the correct answer but from my experience i was able to head to Brigands Hideaway after i beat the main story of the dlc and right after i spoke to a Alder Malloi in Cape Solace. He sent me on a quest to find some guy in Brigands Hideaway. Hope this helps.

#4blittim(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2012 3:40:56 PM
I did finish the main quest and i picked up the quest called "The Invaders".... i'll have to check out the alder mallori person (cant rememeber spelling).
#5NasteemanPosted 3/28/2012 3:17:10 AM
If you got the "Invaders" quest, you are good to go. Just go back to that area just above where you see the Brigand's Hideaway on your map, and you'll find the way down.
#6NasteemanPosted 3/28/2012 3:17:40 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7DocLock69Posted 3/28/2012 5:44:20 AM
Regarding the Dead Kel DLC, I haven't finished a few of the side quests, including killing beasts for paintings, the book translations, the diplomatic quests, and the throne quests. Is there any compelling reason to finish these? I've moved on to the Sun Camp area, as I really want to finish this game so I can start ME 2 and 3, Drake 3, Skyrim, and FF13-2.
#8NasteemanPosted 3/28/2012 11:03:23 AM
Not really. It depends on how much of a completionist you are. And only the Master of the keep, paintings, and translated books can be actually finished anyway. The benefits are buffs to your character and not much else. You need to decide if those buffs are worth the extra effort.
Pretty much of the rest are inifnitely repeatable.
#9Lightning FuryPosted 4/5/2012 9:24:18 AM
Were any of you able to save Alder's daughter Nina? Because...

*Invaders quest spoilers*

She's dead when you find her. I have tried more than once to reach her in time on this quest, but the only survivor is a guy who tells me what's going on before he, too, dies. I liked Nina too. It just sucks that I can't rescue her in time.

*spoilers end*

Thanks for your comments.
---
I'm just a stranger passing through.
PSN: Enigmatic_Soul84
#10NasteemanPosted 4/6/2012 9:51:41 AM
No, I don't beleiv ether is any way to save her. I think the only way is to choose her to go with you instead of Brattigan, but I didn't try that, so I don't know if that will work. Maybe in that case, it's Brattigan that dies. I don't know.