The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Dead Kel DLC doesn't remove level cap?

#1ZakuLordJoePosted 4/13/2012 2:11:24 AM
I'm level 40, but the experience bar clearly shows a level 41, I thought Dead Kel would let us level up some more, but it doesn't. There is more experience to gain, when can do level up some more?
---
"Harbinger DOES NOT speak of you"
Reaper from Mass Effect 3
#2AstroshakPosted 4/13/2012 3:30:05 AM
The level-up bar showed progress towards 41 even before Dead Kel was released as DLC.

Is it coming? I hope so. Is it here? Nope :(
#3drclaeysPosted 4/13/2012 4:50:33 AM
Friends,

I did not hear of this feature in Dead Kel, so im guessing NO. But, it seems like something that WOULD come. I got to level 40 with just the NORmal game. not even all the quests. only like 170+, so im sure its on its way.

the might just wait for a HARDER DLC, that would really need that space after level 40. People complain that this game is to easy. Im sure a really HARD DLC, with a much better arena, and some huge mean monsters, would keep intrest wiht the hard core guys( and gals).

Enjoy.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#4TenHenPosted 4/13/2012 6:20:00 AM
reading various posts on the official Forums, I have learned a few things.

the 2 chunks of DLC; Dead Kel, and Teeth of Naros, were contractual obligations with EA, and as such development for them began months before the game was released.

as result, it has proven difficult to respond to the player feedback regarding such things as difficulty, level cap and game bugs with these two packages as they were essentially done at the time of release.

there are good indications , comments from folks within the company on the official forums, that there will be a patch at some point in the future.

They have acknowledged a good portion of the gaming community feels the game is not as difficult as they would like.
They have also acknowledged the dissatisfaction with the level cap of 40.

-modifying both of these elements would throw the current game mechanics out of balance, so it might not be as easy as moving the slider up and down so to speak.

What remains unclear is if and in what way the game will be modified with a patch and any future content that may be released.
#5DestinPosted 4/13/2012 7:17:54 AM
lots of people want the game to be harder, lots of people also want the level cap raised. those are contradictory, in the current set up of the game.

a level cap increase will only make things even easier.
---
Destin the Valiant
#6Acet14Posted 4/13/2012 9:52:39 AM
Destin posted...
lots of people want the game to be harder, lots of people also want the level cap raised. those are contradictory, in the current set up of the game.

a level cap increase will only make things even easier.

Not neccesarily, it can perhaps give devs freedom to greatly enhance scaling from 40+ in regards to enemy strength. Yeah we will be able to unlock MORE abilities and fates, but the enemy difficilty can perhaps multiply to exttreme levels(i hope).
#7ZakuLordJoe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2012 1:54:00 PM
I don't mind the game being easy myself, lol.

I just wanted my character to be STRONGER!
---
"Harbinger DOES NOT speak of you"
Reaper from Mass Effect 3
#8wifter8Posted 4/13/2012 3:22:04 PM
"lots of people want the game to be harder"

I never really understand this complaint for a game like this, where "harder" would mean taking a couple of extra hacks at a monster. It's not like there is any cover based strategy and the lame AI is just sending enemies to be slaughtered.
#9the_requiemPosted 4/15/2012 9:04:37 PM
wifter8 posted...
"lots of people want the game to be harder"

I never really understand this complaint for a game like this, where "harder" would mean taking a couple of extra hacks at a monster. It's not like there is any cover based strategy and the lame AI is just sending enemies to be slaughtered.

It has more to do with fact that once you reach a higher level, you're one shotting every enemy.

e.g.

During my early playthrough as Pure Sorcery, I was mixing up my attacks to do crowd control, or put DoT or to stun some enemies. There was a certain tactical element. As I levelled up and unlocked Meteor, it would practically one shot everything.

Now, there I can choose not to use some higher tier abilities to keep things interesting/tactical enough. But what is point of unlocking if not use them? So, we want higher difficulty to let us use tactics with top tier abilities.
---
Playing Borderlands GOTY: Lilith-69-PT2.5, Roland-36-PT2, Mordecai-11, Brick-7.