What's the best order of areas to travel through?

#1Icehound2Posted 8/25/2012 12:02:19 AM
So far I've gone (starting with my first place to the place I am at now):

Odarath, Yolvan, Webwood, Ettinmere, and have now just arrived at Glendara (in that exact order). I think I may have arrived in Glendara too late, however, as all the enemies here are in gray color. All the enemies in Ettinmere were yellow/orange. Should I have gone to Glendara first? I guess so. Is there a recommended order to which to walk through these areas? I'm trying to do every quest I can in one area before moving on to the next, so to avoid the whole "level-lock" thing. Thanks for any help.
---
Reading this thread was a terrible experience.
#2-Diviant-Posted 8/25/2012 1:17:30 AM
i just roam around and enjoy the game :)
---
A cig in my hand and the breeze on my face... Life is truly sweet and lovely...
#3JaeganSniperPosted 8/25/2012 7:46:19 AM(edited)
What level are you? Though that level lock is true it doesn't seem to apply to all situations.
Are you sure that you didn't step into Glendara by accident one time? They didn't exactly make the borders between regions in this game noticeable.

It also might have something to do with how you're trying to finish all the quests in an area. Since finishing quests gives you XP you might have leveled more than expected. I had the same problem going into the Plains of Erathell. I never stepped foot in there until I was level 24 yet all of my enemies had grey names.
---
Killing people daily.
"To be great is to be misunderstood..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
#4Icehound2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2012 1:35:56 PM
What level are you? Though that level lock is true it doesn't seem to apply to all situations.
Are you sure that you didn't step into Glendara by accident one time? They didn't exactly make the borders between regions in this game noticeable.

It also might have something to do with how you're trying to finish all the quests in an area. Since finishing quests gives you XP you might have leveled more than expected. I had the same problem going into the Plains of Erathell. I never stepped foot in there until I was level 24 yet all of my enemies had grey names.

I went through a cave awhile back that led me into the entrance of the Glendara, yes, and I immediately exited. I don't remember what level I am...12-13 maybe?
---
#5JaeganSniperPosted 8/25/2012 6:30:59 PM
That might have something to do with it, but I'm afraid I can't give you the straight answer you're looking for. Sorry if it wasn't any help.
---
Killing people daily.
"To be great is to be misunderstood..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
#6Icehound2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2012 6:33:36 PM
No worries, I'm sure it didn't break the game
---
#7Icehound2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2012 9:41:19 AM
Oh nevermind...I just now realized there's an order of Lorestones in the status screen...guess I'll follow that then.
---
#8drclaeysPosted 8/30/2012 5:23:13 AM
Friends,

There was a thread here, that has a link to a map. This map had the level ranges for all the areas. That was very useful to plan your path through the game.

Just look at your quests, if you have one IN your zone, and one in a zone two zones away, then do the one IN your zone. Go into every building and town, and talk to every person. Try to do as mush in your zone as possible, before you move to the next.

make note of all the caves and mines. if no quests send you there, but before you move on, you might want to look in them.

Ususally about 95% of all caves have some quest to send you there.

Enjoy.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#9Icehound2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2012 2:35:57 PM(edited)
Yeah I'm in the Plains right now...probably gonna move on to Tala-rane soon and I'm level 24. I dunno how some of you are at 29 by Rathir already. I'm trying to do all the quests in the area as I get them.

I just did a VERY annoying quest where I had to defend a Fae while she erected this shield. The 2nd wave of enemies was 3 Prismere Trolls and it took me like 4 tries to hold them off without her dying. It sucked. I'm playing on Hard so any kind of troll (especially the Prismere ones) take FOREVER to take down, even with my crafted Faeblades that are spec'd poison WITH Envenomed skill active. I don't remember that quest being so annoying when I played on Normal.
---
#10Mercutio94596Posted 9/1/2012 11:17:52 PM
I believe this is the map you are talking about.

http://amalurfoundry.com/faelands-map/

At the bottom has the level locking min/max of each area.
---
PSN: Mercutio94596
SSF4: Juri User