Skills and trainers and maximizing points help.

#1Justice98405Posted 2/14/2012 3:55:27 AM
So obviously you get one point for skills per level, and the cap is 40, so that's self explanatory, and we can respec our character, for a fee, in case we make a mistake or want to change things up. I also know that you can pay money to be trained, but I don't understand how all that works. I know that you have to be in a certain skill range depending on the trainer, and all of that. But beyond that, can someone give me some details. Can you only train in each skill once, like can you only pay to be trained in Blacksmithing one time through-out your entire playthrough? Or once per tier of trainers?
I want to figure this out so that I can maximize my skills points that are attainable.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#2Justice98405(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2012 5:48:35 AM
Bump.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#3zombieninja168Posted 2/14/2012 5:52:49 AM
Each trainer can only be used once. There is multiple trainers for each skill. This lists all the trainers (or at least most of them)

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning/Trainers
#4jkohyaPosted 2/14/2012 5:55:22 AM
I have not done alot of training yet, but for the most part it seems each trainer can train you a max of three so first blacksmith trainer could train you for levels 123 but then you could move onto a different trainer and get 456 (doesn't have to be the "same" trainer just the same level trainer)

There is no max to training though I think you can only get one skill book point in each.

Also I am 90% sure that if you hit a trainer and then get your fate reset you keep that point...
#5JomsvikingPosted 2/14/2012 7:00:20 AM

jkohya posted...
I have not done alot of training yet, but for the most part it seems each trainer can train you a max of three so first blacksmith trainer could train you for levels 123 but then you could move onto a different trainer and get 456 (doesn't have to be the "same" trainer just the same level trainer)

There is no max to training though I think you can only get one skill book point in each.

Also I am 90% sure that if you hit a trainer and then get your fate reset you keep that point...

No, you don't. you got to pay for it again. only skillbooks can be re-read for additional points. Also, you can't partially level up, you ether expend all points or no points on level up.

Also, in my game, trainers won't train me from 2-3

#6htismaqePosted 2/14/2012 7:19:05 AM
OK, first of all, you can only use a trainer ONE time. If you go back a 2nd time, you'll notice that the button is greyed-out at the bottom with text next to it that says something to the effect of "you have already trained the max amount".

2nd, the trainers in the first few areas (I haven't made it farther in the game yet) can only train you if you have a skill level of 3 or below. So if you have a skill level of 2, they can get you to 3. If you have a skill level of 0, they can train you to 1.

Now, I have come up with a way to exploit the trainers, basically allowing you free points. This means that you could use a Blacksmithing trainer to level your Stealth skill, or use the Stealth trainer to get you from level 4 to 5.

Anybody know how to post spoilers on this board with tags? Or do I have to start a whole new thread and mark it *Spoiler*?
#7BitakuPosted 2/14/2012 7:21:39 AM
Most people do this

*SPOILERS*

Blah blah blah omg.

*END SPOILERS*

Or something along those lines.
---
On a different website I'd say "I'm surprised you got modded for insulting Hitler." but not on GameFAQs. - CatfishWiggins
#8htismaqePosted 2/14/2012 7:49:41 AM
Yeah, I hate to do that since one could inadvertently read the spoiler without even realizing it. I wish we had a way to hide text. I guess I can put it in a new thread or post it in the "Cheats" section.
#9dustinfoleyPosted 2/14/2012 8:04:10 AM
Jom you are wrong in about all of your responses...

1) If you use a trainer it is permanent. Aka you do the following:

Default skill: 0 black smith
Train with molly for 15k for +1 skill
Train with Ysa for 15k for +1 skill
read a book (only one for each skill known at the moment)

Current skills : 3

Fate reset:
Current skill still 3.

Books and trainers are permanent and neither can be reused.
#10Strigol81Posted 2/14/2012 8:17:14 AM
There are 4 trainers for each skill that I know of, 2 for 0-3, 1 for 4-6 and 1 for 7-9.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning/Trainers

I'm in the mid 20's and have used the first three skill trainers for every skill, and can varify even if you reset your skills you keep the trained skills / books you've read

What I've been doing is playing as normal, then when I hit a point where I have found 3 or 4 skill trainers, I'll go reset my points and then use the trainers.

Last time I did it I had to reset, train some skills to the 4-6 area, use the trainers, then reset and put the skills where I wanted them.

It uses alot of gold with all the resets, but at the point I am in the game, I've got more than I know what to do with.
---
Xbox / PS3 / Iphone gamecenter: Strigol