Sagecrafting question about Pristine Shards

#1DiggermanPosted 2/14/2012 10:09:08 AM
I noticed that in my sagecrafting pouch I have several different types of pristine shards. However I've never been able to use Pristine shards to make gems. I only seem to see Cloudy & Lambent shards for use when I'm at a sagecrafting table.

So is it just dependent on your sagecrafting level, or does it have to do with the items that you are socketing them into?

I'm guessing its the sagecrafting level, but I'm just not sure. could someone give me a little nudge in the right direction for this? Thanks in advance
#2Shiro-RedWind-Posted 2/14/2012 10:11:07 AM
Sagecrafting level it sounds like. This controls and dictates what kind of Gems you can Make and Craft as well as what you can socket them into and remove them from.

Pristine Shards can be bought, even found I think at some Sage levels, but as far as using them in crafting you generally cannot do much with them if your SC Level does not support their usage.
#3VitharPosted 2/14/2012 10:11:32 AM
I'd like to know as well, got tons of pristine shards early on and I cannot do anything with them.
---
PSN: Vithar ~ Xbox: Vithar360
#4MrSusan101Posted 2/14/2012 10:11:44 AM
I think you need to have sagecrafting level 6 to make gems out of pristine shards.
---
"You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything." Cyhortl82
#5hazonkosPosted 2/14/2012 10:12:52 AM

IM PRETTY SURE IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR BLACKSMIRTH SKILL....like you can only put certain types of gems in certain pieces of armor ...but..it depends on your both blacksmith and sagecraft levels...i made a pristin on my frist time strenghing two cloudy shards ! lol

#6Diggerman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2012 10:14:49 AM
thanks for the quick replies, I'll start putting some points int sagecrafting and see what happens. I've only got about 3 into it right now, so I expected it was just that I was too low a level to use/make them.
#7ShawBrothersPosted 2/14/2012 10:16:29 AM(edited)
Just look at the sagecarfting skill under skills. It will tell what level does what and when you can craft pristine shards. You can look through all the skills like this and it tells you what each level does.
#8Diggerman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2012 10:18:57 AM
ok, i'll check that out too

i was looking thru the skills but I must of missed that. If its a master level skill ability then i'm still a few levels away from 16 when I could actually put points into it.
#9LunaWuffPosted 2/14/2012 10:21:58 AM
yeah just look at the skill on the screen where you spend points in them, or from the status menu. there are benchmarks which state at which point you can make gems from which level of quality
---
Again changes to hell.
#10Diggerman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2012 10:30:55 AM
cool, thanks everyone