Long overdue: Book in Rathir (Scholia Arcana Libary)

#1zUkUuPosted 2/18/2012 9:28:48 AM
How do I get it? it's impossible.
there are 2 guards facing each other that will see you if you approach the shelf, further are there 2 students wandering around to that exact bookshelf, while another one is sitting facing the entrance to the bookshelf, making one side entirely locked off.
my best "run" was to get it down to 85%. even if I steal it and want to pay my way off or something, THE WHOLE CITY wants me dead over a book. they have quite the alarm system when the whole city knows about a stolen book immediately.

shadow prism don't work as they attract only bystanders that are not important.
do I have to respec to maximum sneaking just to finish that sh!tty quest?
or how can I steal it, run away and pay them to let me off or something...

any help?
#2DeomiPosted 2/18/2012 9:32:02 AM
In this game you happen to keep all stolen items if you bribe the guard (pay fines).
#3zUkUu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2012 9:35:03 AM(edited)
I'D LIKE TO BUT THE MOMENT I STEAL THE BOOK THE WHOLE TOWN WANTS ME DEAD. >_>
#4zUkUu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2012 9:59:56 AM
need urgent help. still sitting in front of it.
#5The_Evil_ElfPosted 2/18/2012 10:00:13 AM
Here's a great trick if you need to steal something...

Spec finesse and get smoke bomb...bam, everything has a 0% chance for being detected...
---
Blizzard crits you for $15
Your login is resisted by Blizzard-Slash585
#6zUkUu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2012 10:01:55 AM
The_Evil_Elf posted...
Here's a great trick if you need to steal something...

Spec finesse and get smoke bomb...bam, everything has a 0% chance for being detected...

I want to avoid repseccing TWICE just for this stupid book. there has to be a way. I mean the developers couldn't have made that the only option....
I'd rather kill the entire town then. dunno If I ever need to go there again, or does infamy carry over to all cities on the map?
#7ackhemPosted 2/18/2012 10:08:57 AM
Make a phasewalk potion.
---
XBL Tag: bananakonda
#8zUkUu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2012 10:16:31 AM
ackhem posted...
Make a phasewalk potion.

Minor Phasewalk 2x Star Thistle,1x Cripplespore Caps,2x Sky Blossom

needs alchemy lvl 3 T_T. tho gotta look after that potion when i get to some vendors. in 3 levels I have smoke bomb anyway. (might/finesse secondary)
#9ackhemPosted 2/18/2012 10:21:01 AM
If you're at Rathir, you have access to 2 alchemy trainers and the Alchemy skillbook in Cradle of Summer (behind the hidden door near waterfall).
---
XBL Tag: bananakonda
#10bushidopiratePosted 2/18/2012 10:57:57 AM
you can buy phasewalk potions in lower Rathir. OR you can steal the book, run, and then sleep for a few days until the town quiets down
---
will start a hug war if duly provoked....
# of hug wars started: 4