Weapons/Armors with slots

#1KholdStareMudPosted 2/26/2012 4:23:15 PM
Is there a way to consistently get weapons and armors with gem slots? Blacksmithing is a no go, and it's just been random so far. Can you somehow "make" or "put" empty slots into armor/weapon? For example I really want a dagger with 1 weapon 2 utility but I haven't found it yet.
---
Would you kill someone you love because of love?
#2rice2555Posted 2/26/2012 4:25:04 PM
blacksmithing a no go?

its rather easy and will yield some of the best equip in the game with minimal effort.
#3CactrotPosted 2/26/2012 4:31:04 PM
^ But it won't yield equipment with slots, which is what he's asking about.
---
drexl235: wow....... not even achievements. whats the point
#4KholdStareMud(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2012 5:52:31 PM
Yeah. Currently the gems I make from pristine shards are far far better than blacksmithing because I can go a full crit build with same armor which is really powerful. But to be fair, I'm not at the level where I can craft with gems yet, but gems & slots are probably way more powerful middle game. So I'm probably lucky to get armor with 3 slots to drop, but so far I haven't had dagger with 3 slots or chakram with 2 slots drop yet.
---
Would you kill someone you love because of love?
#5BhelliumPosted 2/26/2012 6:20:35 PM
Most of the gems are equivalent to a blacksmithing component, but yeah there's no way to make an item with an actual slot you can freely add and remove gems from.

You're just going to have to hope for a lucky drop or shop inventory.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#6aureliano17Posted 2/26/2012 8:06:18 PM(edited)
Some shops will carry ONE copy of most of the items with the perfect configuration: weapons with one weapon and two utility slots, and armor pieces with one armor and two utility slots.

I found all weapons in shops like that except for the prismere hammer. I haven't found one with three slots yet. And I think I also found hexweave robes with four slots in a shop, but I'm not sure. The rest of my slotted armor pieces (top tier) was found as loot.

On an unrelated note, in the very last section of the map, there's a castle opposite the Court of Winter. A quest there will give you the option of choosing among three weapons: longsword, daggers or staff. If you choose the staff, it comes with a weapon slot, and it's the only staff in the game with this configuration. If you craft one, you can only choose a utility slot.

Edit: You didn't ask, but I put +20% damage during day/night on all my utility slots and it made everything much more awesome.