Final Traveller's quest question on motivation *spoilers*

#1DrJawlessPosted 2/29/2012 4:32:35 PM
You get the choice to side with the Queen of Staves, or that Grim fella. I wen't with the queen since hat she said about Grim using me as a tool for his own means sounded believeable but after the quest ended I didn't see any proof.
I'm just curious if there is anthing ingame that explain's Grim's intentions?
---
The irrefutable Grand Master of Random Knowledge
Also known as crazy man down the street wearing pants on his head.
#2mocheckPosted 2/29/2012 4:58:32 PM
*Quest Spoilers of course*

Grim wants to get rid of the Heirophant originally for revenge, since she set him up to get caught on a job. She also sets up both you and Phasmer while stealing that amulet, wanting to be rid of Phasmer because he's critical of her, and you because she cannot "see" you with her powers.

Grim changes to caring more about the future of the travelers, believing them to be in danger under the rule of a fallible leader who can't truly see everything and wants to get rid of anyone who questions her.
---
http://siertes.dvdaf.com/owned
#3TheWayofPiePosted 2/29/2012 5:05:22 PM
I dunno, I sided with him and never met him ever again. The quest kinda just ends.

I just wish you could betray both of them. This game just has too many quests were you end up getting used and you're character has no real options to anything about it. Sure it's cool sometimes, but come on give us a chance to do some actual roleplaying game!
---
Ridley: *Adjusts monocole* Why, I've become civilized, my dear Samantha! Anyway, come, sit, have some tea. -Master_Warlord7 Same Time Posts: 8
#4rice2555Posted 2/29/2012 5:10:33 PM
PETER: It’s a problem of motivation, all right? Now, if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don’t see another dime. So where’s the motivation? And here’s another thing, Bob. I have eight different bosses right now!

BOB SLYDELL: I beg your pardon?

PETER: Eight bosses.

BOB SLYDELL: Eight?

PETER: Eight, Bob. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That’s my real motivation – is not to be hassled. That and the fear of losing my job, but y’know, Bob, it will only make someone work hard enough not to get fired.
#5mugendonoPosted 2/29/2012 5:59:40 PM
rice2555 posted...
PETER: It’s a problem of motivation, all right? Now, if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don’t see another dime. So where’s the motivation? And here’s another thing, Bob. I have eight different bosses right now!

BOB SLYDELL: I beg your pardon?

PETER: Eight bosses.

BOB SLYDELL: Eight?

PETER: Eight, Bob. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That’s my real motivation – is not to be hassled. That and the fear of losing my job, but y’know, Bob, it will only make someone work hard enough not to get fired.

LOL that scene is great.