The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Dual wield swords?

#1TheBaldAdeptPosted 1/26/2012 7:57:07 AM
My first character in most fantasy rpg's is a dual wield, heavy armoured battlemage - I can see you can dual wield daggers, and I have found heavy armour and some magical buffs which suit this character, but is it possible to dual wield larger weapons?
---
Shriek like a girl and keep sobbing until he turns away in disgust. That's when it's time to kick some back...
#2CthulhuDagonPosted 1/26/2012 8:00:36 AM
No just chakrams, daggers, & faeblades (though faeblades are fairly big).
---
White line is in the middle of the road, that's the worst place to drive.
#3Dart_Feld7Posted 1/26/2012 8:07:45 AM
No, you can't DW swords. You can use them for your primary and secondary slots if you so wish though.
---
#~~<3<3 - dingdong_malice - <3<3~~#
#~~<3<3 - Kadd - <3<3~~#
#4TheBaldAdept(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2012 8:11:13 AM
CthulhuDagon posted...
No just chakrams, daggers, & faeblades (though faeblades are fairly big).

hmmm, may have to have a look at the skill trees again. Though i would imagine Faeblade's usefulness comes from allied skills in the finesse branch, such as crits and sneak attacks. Oh well, guess i will have to go with a single blade in this one....

Still looks interesting mind.
---
Shriek like a girl and keep sobbing until he turns away in disgust. That's when it's time to kick some back...
#5CthulhuDagonPosted 1/26/2012 8:21:32 AM
The Might/Finesse destinies actually make more sense for a "dual wield" build, hence the last one being called Blademaster.

Look at the final destiny cards in each of the pure melee builds:

Blademaster (Might/Finesse)
+25% Melee Attack Damage
+20% Ranged Attack Damage
+12% Chance to Critical Hit
+15% Piercing Damage
+25% Damage While in Stealth
Cut Throat: +15% Physical Damage, +1% Chance to Steal Health, and Gold Drops as 20% of Damage for 5 seconds when striking fallen enemies.

Warlord (Pure Might)
+30% Melee Attack Damage
+20% Block Efficiency
+20% Stun Duration
+20% Chance to Stun
Last Stand: Automatically resurrect with 20% Health. Health drains until an enemy is killed.

Nightblade (Pure Finesse)
+30% Ranged Attack Damage
+60% Damage Resistance While Dodging
+12% Chance To Critical Hit
+20% Piercing Damage
Assassination: +20% Damage vs. Human-Sized or Smaller Enemies.
Evasion: +11% Chance To Avoid Hit

Combined with rogue-like gear that ups +crit, I'd say Blademaster could be pretty nasty.
---
White line is in the middle of the road, that's the worst place to drive.
#6Joshuatree25mPosted 1/27/2012 4:41:15 AM
TheBaldAdept posted...
My first character in most fantasy rpg's is a dual wield, heavy armoured battlemage - I can see you can dual wield daggers, and I have found heavy armour and some magical buffs which suit this character, but is it possible to dual wield larger weapons?

Hey bro, while it's true you can't technically wield 2 swords at the same time, you can switch between 2 1 handed swords seamlessly and combo them into attacks manually using x and y. Also, if you do go with daggers, they come in many different variety's as you get more powerful ones. I have seen a set that look like 2 short swords recently. I don't remember where or I'd link them, but if I didn't know any better, I would have assumed they were 2 swords. Also in the E3 demo from last year "briggands hall demo" if you look it up on youtube, it's a 20 min play through of the slayer destiny and he looks to be wielding a samurai type of sword!