Maid of Windemere (Spoilers)

#1PatrickmahanPosted 2/9/2012 5:50:37 PM
Whats the difference between sparing her and killing her? Other then one option cuts you out of a ton of exp and some loot.
#2DuneManPosted 2/9/2012 5:52:36 PM
Different Twist of Fate card... and the satisfaction of siding with evil?
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#3GeomagnusPosted 2/9/2012 5:53:56 PM
DuneMan posted...

I'll tell you though, it was rather tempting to take her offer.
#4darkfire9430Posted 2/9/2012 5:55:05 PM
Geomagnus posted...
DuneMan posted...

Yes. Yes it was. I really hated that boss battle.
#5GeomagnusPosted 2/9/2012 5:59:06 PM
darkfire9430 posted...
Geomagnus posted...
DuneMan posted...

Yes. Yes it was. I really hated that boss battle.

Yeah, I never had an easy time with those "caster" types of Fae bosses. used my Reckoning mode on the Sprites. I nearly **** myself when I saw that Thresh pop up. Once he was dead though, I was able to knock her back a bit. It was satisfying to kill her though, when my kill move happened to be smashing her on a spike impaled into the ground.
#6HeartBreakKid59Posted 2/9/2012 6:06:24 PM
I'm doing this battle now. SO CHEAP!

If it was a one on one fight, it wouldn't be so bad, BUT NO! She has to summon a bazillions Sprites, that other banshee thing and then that freaking Thresh . . .

I had her down to a quarter of health and then the Thresh tooled on me
---
When you say Maine Black Bears, you've said it all!
Choke - the official soft-drink of the UNH Wildcats
#7dexter1984Posted 2/9/2012 6:09:36 PM(edited)
You get the same Twist of Fate card no matter what choice you made.

I wanted to kill her for putting me through so much trouble but decided not to. The Telling sucks if you're stuck playing the villain for so many lifetimes.

Tip: Run to the right side of the room, there's room there and the Thresh wouldn't come after you. Then proceed to slowly lure the monsters and the Maid over.
#8GeomagnusPosted 2/9/2012 6:15:29 PM
dexter1984 posted...
You get the same Twist of Fate card no matter what choice you made.

I wanted to kill her for putting me through so much trouble but decided not to. The Telling sucks if you're stuck playing the villain for so many lifetimes.

Tip: Run to the right side of the room, there's room there and the Thresh wouldn't come after you. Then proceed to slowly lure the monsters and the Maid over.

See, that's why it was a hard decision. Granted, she was the villain, but not being able to change that, and being stuck the villain and being defeated for pretty much all eternity, would really suck. Though, as soon as she mentioned the Tuatha, that kind of tipped the scale in the other direction.
#9DarkTidus275Posted 2/9/2012 9:49:21 PM
I want to side with her, I dont mind that the Fae like to relive their stories its great, one hell of a way to make history fun, let alone something you'd WANT to learn.

But I dont like how you dont get a chance to have a different role, play a different character, constantly forced into a role not your own.

They are freaking immortal, something like that... would be torture.
---
GT: AshenPhantom Loyal member of the Old Dragoon Order
It's time to take it all back. - https://occupywallst.org/
#10SuperBrotherPosted 2/10/2012 1:36:23 AM
I wonder though, how is she being forced to play the villian exactly? My friend and I are playing the game together and he said that at some point King Wencen told him that the Telling is essentially cultural rather than temporal - that they can choose not to participate but doing so is what they've done for ages. It'd be like Christmas for Christians. That would make the most sense seeing that there are some Fae in the House of Ballads who have moved on from their own ballads. Additionally, I haven't seen anything to suggest that the Telling and the Tapestry of Fate are the same thing. If the Fae were absolutely bound to the Telling wouldn't the original heroes of each ballad still be acting in them seeing as they're eternal?

Now, assuming all that to be true, I'm thinking Windemere didn't need to go to the lengths that she did to break out of it. She had a nice little paradise setup with the almost the entire Court of Enchantments and an army of monsters under her control, why couldn't she just say "I'm done with this." and move on? She didn't have to declare war on the House of Ballads, she could've just ditched them and went about her merry way. If they pursued her she could just explain herself. Of course, if that didn't work she'd have to do the whole evil villainess thing but she just went from willing going along to the Telling to the warpath without even attempting diplomacy. Add to that they fact that despite her sucky position she seemed like a tyrant. Realistically, she probably wouldn't stop at simply being left alone. I feel like she go and do more tyrant like things, after all, there's nothing stopping her now.

With that train of thought... I WENT KRATOS ON DAT ASS >:D!