Gastyr

#11TheGivingTreePosted 2/16/2012 8:25:08 PM
I searched the castle for more pressure switches and levers but didn't find any.. maybe I didn't comb well enough, anyone else giving it a look?
---
[[PSN]] - CrucifixUs
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8
#12mocheckPosted 2/16/2012 8:32:11 PM
I've tried figuring that place out too. I know there's that room that has six pressure switches and I thought that maybe they have to be pressed in a certain order but that would be forever to figure out. Three of those switches don't seem to do anything at all which is odd, but I tried every combo of them with no luck.

As for the Ansilla key, I know you get it during a quest for Drewn but you lose it after completing it, so you would have to hold off completing his quest until you unlock the Seawatch chest. There is also an Ansilla lockbox all the way back in the Shining Labyrinth.
---
http://siertes.dvdaf.com/owned
#13fatdaddy100Posted 2/19/2012 3:19:35 AM
Anyone got a possible update on these locked doors?

I just ran through the place and I think I got two set pieces in there, plus another in the subzone outside. I'm thinking the pieces are placed and want in that chest, Bolgan's Bane will be mine!
---
"Certainty of death, small chance of success...what are we waiting for?!" ~ Gimli son of Gloin
#14Thehunz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2012 10:09:35 AM
I talked to an npc name private cornwall or something similar, and he talked about the southern lights being made by gastyrs mage named braxis. He says braxis sealed away the family's treasures behind a spell that would only be cracked by the most diligent adventurers. Thats paraphrased but, you get the idea. I'm looking for more dialogue like this in the schoolia
#15TheGivingTreePosted 2/19/2012 5:20:46 PM
So... any updates??
---
[[PSN]] - CrucifixUs
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8
#16fatdaddy100Posted 2/19/2012 5:54:09 PM
Thehunz brings up an interesting point. I recall that conversation as well. Something about the lights appearing on the coast or near the sea at night? Might be a long shot, but maybe we have to go to the western part of that area at night...and find something...?

The only other clues I am aware of are the pressure plates in the dungeon with the doors but I haven't read anything about them being linked to the locked doors. Did anyone happen to keep those letters addressed to the old lord of the keep? Maybe the clue is hidden in some sort of in-game letter or book?

I mean, its not a special key, that's clear by the door message...right? It has to be a switch or something activated elsewhere. If it was a key, it would just say it can only be opened by the correct key.
---
"Certainty of death, small chance of success...what are we waiting for?!" ~ Gimli son of Gloin
#17ForeanPosted 2/19/2012 6:47:00 PM
I have all three of the letters addressed to the old lord, if there are more letters I'm unaware, but they have no clues to the secret of opening the doors. However, they are all from Lord Ansilla, so maybe they are connected somehow?
#18fatdaddy100Posted 2/19/2012 6:59:02 PM
I was able to buy back my letters, so yeah, they do not appear to contain clues. There are three letters written back from Lady Ansellia too, it just seems like them verbally bickering.

I talked to the Private Whatshisface on the coast again and he said the light could be seen at night, near the Gastyr shrine. (Travel to Castle Gastyr and head straight West, you'll see the light and a Lorestone) I went there and saw a column of light, but couldn't really figure anything out. I tried throwing around a spell or two, maybe standing still for a couple minutes. Not really sure what to do there.

Scholia Aracana library didn't have any tomes on the lights or the Gastyr mage, as far as I could tell.

What about the sword you get as a reward for helping her liberate the castle? I recall it being pretty terrible, like well under the level of gear it should have been but I can't find it, I must have ditched it. Is it somehow a key...use it in the strange light?

Or maybe we just need to hit those pressure plates (back in the dungeon) in some sequence? Leave some unpressed? Lots of possibilities on those....but from what I've read here they aren't working for people.
---
#19mugendonoPosted 2/20/2012 12:24:36 AM
Does anything good come out of that chest in Shining Labyrinth? I finished that quest a while ago and never explored that area so didn't even know about that chest till now. XD
#20Oct0tronPosted 2/20/2012 9:18:41 PM
I think this may have something to do with the Southern Lights. I was able to follow them around various places, but eventually the light appears up above the tower that's right next to the lore stone thing and I can't figure out a what to do at that point. I've looked around on the internet as well, specifically for Southern Lights, and seems like everyone comes to a stopping point at that tower.