Greater healing Potion help!?

#1speedy2dPosted 2/16/2012 5:39:56 PM
Could not find this topic on the boards. I just got to the first town, the one that starts with a (G) My first side quest I take, i need to get a Greater healing potion to save the girl in the square.
But i dont have the coin to by one, Dose anyone know the (Ingredients) to make one? I know loot is random and have not done any dungeons so far? Dose anyone know where i could find one?

BTW: I decided to go with Full mage instead of Finesse, and am having a blast. Im almost to LV 2
#2AoENIACPosted 2/16/2012 5:47:00 PM(edited)
Bloodroot (Power) + Black Cohash (Health)+ Ember Eyes (Restoration) = Greater Healing Potion

You need enough alchemy skill to use three ingredients if you want to make your own. And unless you buy a recipe for it, you'll need to use the "experiment" option first in order to learn how to make it, which will end up using up the ingredients so you need extras in order to actually craft the potion once you know how.

Having that quest will ensure that a Greater Healing Potion spawns in the downstairs desk in the alchemists house in Gorhart, so you can steal one (just wait for the guard to go upstairs and crouch down to make sure nobody's eye symbol is red).

You're also not timed, no matter how wounded the Fae girl appears, so you can take the time to save up some money and just buy one. In fact, if you do the quest for the alchemist she'll lower the prices.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#3TrueDozenMarksPosted 2/16/2012 5:49:44 PM
Not only will she lower prices, she'll purchase items for more I believe, making her an amazing shop-keep for making gold.
#4asher1611Posted 2/16/2012 5:54:39 PM
I just stole it from her. I completed a quest for her and she refused to give it to me, so she deserved it.
#5speedy2d(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2012 6:22:25 PM
Thanks for the help people, yeah she did not give it to me either. Guess I'll do her quest and see what happens? mabe by then i could buy one? or just steal it!
Im going to have to raise my alchemy skill sense i dont have any points yet, and took a varani for my race!
The game is a blast to play, I hate Wolves though!
#6BitterBearPosted 2/16/2012 6:26:29 PM
There's one in one of the desks in her shop (I think it's downstairs). Just steal that one and use it.
#7BitterBearPosted 2/16/2012 6:33:18 PM
Oh, and learn to parry wolves (press block right before they hit) and they get a lot easier. They're very difficult to dodge.
#8AoENIACPosted 2/16/2012 7:06:31 PM
Just use a ranged attack on wolves, they stagger easily so it interrupts their rushes. You can also charge up an AoE attack and wait for them to rush you before letting it loose.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.