What is the best weapon in the game?

#1Waytoodeep03Posted 2/20/2012 7:23:34 PM
Currently level 40 and not finding anything in stores past a warhammer with 74 base damage. Is this the best in the game or can I find better?
#2TrueDozenMarksPosted 2/20/2012 7:31:36 PM
Crafted.
#3waxc3Posted 2/20/2012 7:37:20 PM
Your level 40 and finding that? By then you should have noticed that west sells weak and further east sells better stuff. Beat the game and have access to higher leveled stuff at one seller as well.

With the right gems and all of the right parts annnddd a maxed blacksmithing you can make better weapons than you'll find in loot or for sale.

My weapons all do over 200 and I've seen weapons for sale that do more.
I only use a bow and chakrams now.
---
jab, jab, ->, quick kick, fierce punch.
gamertag - waxc3
#4avalanchegeniexPosted 2/20/2012 7:37:50 PM
Waytoodeep03 posted...
Currently level 40 and not finding anything in stores past a warhammer with 74 base damage. Is this the best in the game or can I find better?

Not sure if serious...

I'm level 14 on my second playthrough, and found a purple hammer that has BASE damage of 101. What store are you at?

Anyway, the best stuff you can buy will never compete with the best stuff you can find, and the best stuff you can find doesn't appear to compete with the best stuff you can craft.

So yeah, you can find better.
#5buccomaticPosted 2/20/2012 7:37:52 PM

the best weapon in the game are my "facemelting chakrams of firely doom!"

heh :)

#6mike468Posted 2/20/2012 7:42:57 PM(edited)
TrueDozenMarks posted...
Crafted.

How so? I'd really like to know the notion behind everyone saying the best weapons in the game are crafted because I've tried making my own with max blacksmithing stats and used master parts for the most part and I still had a pretty terrible weapon compared to the unique weapons I've found.

Waytoodeep03 posted...

Check Mel Senshir and Rathir. I've bought a long sword with a base damage of 159 and I was only level 26 at the time.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
#7waxc3Posted 2/20/2012 7:39:45 PM
buccomatic posted...
the best weapon in the game are my "facemelting chakrams of firely doom!" heh :)

game doesn't allow that many letters does it?
---
gamertag - waxc3
#8Waytoodeep03(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2012 7:40:27 PM
avalanchegeniex posted...
Waytoodeep03 posted...

Not sure if serious...

I'm level 14 on my second playthrough, and found a purple hammer that has BASE damage of 101. What store are you at?

Anyway, the best stuff you can buy will never compete with the best stuff you can find, and the best stuff you can find doesn't appear to compete with the best stuff you can craft.

So yeah, you can find better.

Yea Im serious Im over in Dalentarth and also the house of ballads. So any merchant in between those areas. I thought all merchants sold weapons based on your level and not on your location.
#9CalypsoPSOPosted 2/20/2012 7:40:38 PM
Just so you know stores lock in at whatever level you visited them at.

So if you visited every store in the game when your were level 1 then all the items will forever be level 1 from that store, ditto if you did the same thing at level 40.

Either find some store somewhere that sells weps that you haven't been to yet, or grind them out of a dungeon, or craft something.
---
Xbox360 Gamertag : Fail Shade
#10waxc3Posted 2/20/2012 7:45:58 PM
mike468 posted...
TrueDozenMarks posted...
Crafted.

How so? I'd really like to know the notion behind everyone saying the best weapons in the game are crafted because I've tried making my own with max blacksmithing stats and used master parts for the most part and I still had a pretty terrible weapon compared to the unique weapons I've found.

Waytoodeep03 posted...

Check Mel Senshir and Rathir. I've bought a long sword with a base damage of 159 and I was only level 26 at the time.

you need some epic parts first. Just being a max blacksmith won't help if your crafting parts are normal and weak. Later you get very high end pieces to make very high dmg weapons.
Big difference between weak rivets and master rivets
---
gamertag - waxc3