Rivener Tarsus

#1wishfacePosted 2/21/2012 8:49:28 AM
What am I meant to do. How am i meant to rebuild the staff? There's no recipe or anything.
#2thebobevilPosted 2/21/2012 8:50:30 AM
The instructions are given to you.

Break down some other staves to have the components to add to the components you get during the quest.
---
Koeler as jy, teef
#3wishface(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2012 8:59:22 AM
So i have to go and buy some staves just to do this?

fail.
#4littlecletusPosted 2/21/2012 9:47:17 AM
If you need to buy anything for this quest, then you fail.
---
I aim to misbehave.
#5VitharPosted 2/21/2012 9:50:35 AM
steal the 3 staves, savlage at forge, reconstruct, pass
---
PSN: Vithar ~ Xbox: Vithar360
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 2/21/2012 9:51:31 AM
littlecletus posted...

Idiot.

If you've got staff components, any will do. Most components aside from the first are shared amongst weapons. But yeah, if you haven't salvaged anything, you might not have the parts.
---
Everything's better with zombies. Except pie.
#7AoENIACPosted 2/21/2012 9:55:59 AM(edited)
If all you want is to complete the quest you have barely anything to do at all. Why if you've found a grand total of three, THREE, staffs OR hammers that you were going to sell or destroy then you've already completed the quest. Just salvage them for their hafts, that's all you need, 3 hafts. It's ridiculously easy and they can be of any horrible quality, they don't have to be good hafts at all.

If you wanted to USE the staffs this quest basically gives you a free core component for a mid level purple quality lightning staff, the fire and ice ones aren't as good and are lower level but you can make those too. If you plan to use any one of them, you can treat this as simply crafting your own staffs at which point you're not complaining because it saves you the hassle of finding decent core components. If you were crafting your own staff you'd be gathering high quality components and gems anyway.

When you craft all three staffs, no matter what quality they are, the quest completes with the guy who gave you the quest saying what amounts to "keep the staffs... uh... nature told me you should have them... or something... yeah...".
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#8littlecletusPosted 2/21/2012 9:59:11 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
littlecletus posted...

Idiot.

If you've got staff components, any will do. Most components aside from the first are shared amongst weapons. But yeah, if you haven't salvaged anything, you might not have the parts.

Aw...you called me an idiot. How will I go on?

You can't walk around this game for five minutes without finding a crap ton of gear.
If you truly need to buy anything to complete this easy quest, then you fail, not the quest.
---
I aim to misbehave.
#9vigorm0rtisPosted 2/21/2012 10:03:09 AM
littlecletus posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
littlecletus posted...
Aw...you called me an idiot. How will I go on?

You can't walk around this game for five minutes without finding a crap ton of gear.
If you truly need to buy anything to complete this easy quest, then you fail, not the quest.

If he's not interested in crafting he might have sold it all. It's not what I'd call a fail. He might have to go hunt for what he needs, but it's probably easier to go buy some cheap staves in Gorhart and scrap them. It's not like anyone's hurting for cash in this game.
---
Everything's better with zombies. Except pie.
#10AoENIACPosted 2/21/2012 11:04:41 AM
I doubt it. It's a pretty big hassle to scroll through the components and sell each of them. Plus they're all weightless. You pick up enough components just from random loot you don't even need to do any salvaging.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.