Level locking

#1fraz_chaudhryPosted 3/8/2012 2:10:19 AM
I just want to know if anyone has ever played this game taking care of the level caps for each area. I know any area will level lock as soon as you enter, and I can understand many players just venturing into an area level locking it to their low level and then returning later when they are 4 or 5 levels higher and then just blasting through everything.
Has anyone tried entering the Alabastra region only after they reached level 40? Was the end game still easy for you? I know its a difficult question to answer as "difficulty" can vary from person to person but still just want to know the thoughts of those people who have actually tried this
---
PSN ID : Chilli_501
#2memphis12Posted 3/8/2012 2:51:51 AM
I think it's a more difficult question to answer because there wasn't a guide on what areas NOT to explore before a certain level.
I don't think people locked a level on purpose to go back and be a god in that zone. Unfortunately the game punishes you for exploring. Players without the guide go on a quest into a zone they shouldn't be in by accident.

But.. Good question all the same.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#3DrJawlessPosted 3/8/2012 3:05:17 AM
I'm planning on doing that now. Level 36 on my mage doing house of sorrows quests.

I'm running out of zones to level up in and I may have to go back and finish quests I thought were boring.
---
The irrefutable Grand Master of Random Knowledge
Also known as crazy man down the street wearing pants on his head.
#4fraz_chaudhry(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2012 3:11:26 AM
^ im doing that currently with my mage character, but I've only just reached plain of erathel and am level 21 right now. I find that a bit of grinding is required too in addition to completing all the quests in a given area. Also when grinding make sure to use reckoning mode all the time as it gives you huge amounts of EXP bonus
---
#5DrJawlessPosted 3/8/2012 3:19:16 AM
I only use reckoning when I'm against a group, plus I'll chug an experience potion right before I kill them to further increase the boost.
---
The irrefutable Grand Master of Random Knowledge
Also known as crazy man down the street wearing pants on his head.
#6fraz_chaudhry(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2012 3:20:10 AM
memphis122004 posted...
I think it's a more difficult question to answer because there wasn't a guide on what areas NOT to explore before a certain level.
I don't think people locked a level on purpose to go back and be a god in that zone. Unfortunately the game punishes you for exploring. Players without the guide go on a quest into a zone they shouldn't be in by accident.

But.. Good question all the same.

i never said that people did that on purpose. As you said the game punishes you for exploring. People going into an area to explore and unintentionally locking in at that low level. For Alabastra most zones minimum level cap is 22. I can imagine a lot of people going into that area to explore at a low level and unintentionally locking it at that level. And after going back finishing up previous quest having leveled up and returning to that same area now find it piss easy one shotting everything.
---
#7YiddosRulePosted 3/8/2012 3:26:16 AM
You are only punished if you aimlessly wander back and forth between zones. If you enter a new zone, finish a few quests, explore all caves/dungeons and then move on, there is no problem.
#8memphis12Posted 3/8/2012 3:30:41 AM
Quote:You are only punished if you aimlessly wander back and forth between zones. If you enter a new zone, finish a few quests, explore all caves/dungeons and then move on, there is no problem.
@YiddosRule

No, your punished if you explore. A big part of the game. In theory level locking to your nearest level was a good idea. In reality it's not.
---
#9YiddosRulePosted 3/8/2012 3:34:45 AM
memphis122004 posted...
Quote:You are only punished if you aimlessly wander back and forth between zones. If you enter a new zone, finish a few quests, explore all caves/dungeons and then move on, there is no problem.
@YiddosRule

No, your punished if you explore. A big part of the game. In theory level locking to your nearest level was a good idea. In reality it's not.

Like I said, if it is aimless wandering then you are punished. If it is methodical, you are not.
#10memphis12Posted 3/8/2012 3:55:53 AM
Quote:memphis122004 posted...
@YiddosRule

Like I said, if it is aimless wandering then you are punished. If it is methodical, you are not.

@YiddosRule

Exactly. Methodical is the opposite of exploring. It can only be methodical to a degree also.
Exploring is a huge part of this game, if people don't know or come on forums they won't enjoy their experience with the game as much as they could.

TC is right that this is a flaw, he's asking a genuine question and a good question like I said.

Do you agree that "exploring" in this game is somewhat broken?
---