is there sexy bikini style armor for females?

#11meralonnePosted 4/16/2012 8:57:34 AM
The problem isn't that there's a lack of variety in outfits. There are plenty of outfits out there for every style of player.

The problem lies in the fact that you can only customize very specific sets. If 20 players are using full Sorcery builds and each customizes their armor for completely different effects (which is totally possible), you still end up with 20 guys wearing the exact same looking Spiritweave suits.

What would've been nice would've been to have the option to break down and reenchant the Purple and Gold gear. Would obviously require a rebalance of how powerful smithing components are, but if they could do it in-game with the Rivener Tarsus...
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#12PdaimaohPosted 4/16/2012 10:04:14 AM
There are plenty of outfits out there for every style of player.

My sorcerer seemed to be wearing the same outfit the entire game. The differences in the robes I selected were so minimal, in many cases I think it was just some of the coloring or maybe shoulder pads or something.

Where's something like a big fat awesome mage cape or extra loose sleeved wizardwear? Also no pointy wizard/witch hat? Or did I just miss that? I just picked the no-hood option and changed hairstyles once in awhile...meh...

and like plenty of early complaints, NPC outfits...don't exist as armor options!? wtf! Were they afraid players would suddenly not be able to see their character like a Where's Waldo thing? ugh.

and after thinking about it some more, you got a major NPC that is dressed in like a bikini and some extra leather straps. They're already shoving the "revealing" thing on everyone with that! Where's the choices?

---
your best friend's drug dealer
#13meralonnePosted 4/16/2012 10:39:06 AM
Pdaimaoh posted...
My sorcerer seemed to be wearing the same outfit the entire game. The differences in the robes I selected were so minimal, in many cases I think it was just some of the coloring or maybe shoulder pads or something.

All of the robes are rather garishly colored, which makes them all kind of blend together to an extent. Being able to dye your outfits would've been a nice addition. As far as your specific requests go, who knows? Maybe they didn't want them in for stylistic reasons. Maybe they couldn't get the robes to work without massive clipping. I really couldn't say.

and like plenty of early complaints, NPC outfits...don't exist as armor options!? wtf! Were they afraid players would suddenly not be able to see their character like a Where's Waldo thing? ugh.

Well... some of them are available, some of them aren't. But the omissions really stick out. Like the female Dokkalfar outfits for example. Or Alyn Shir's "outfit". I guess Alyn Shir has the copyright on Daisy Dukes in Alamur and she's not sharing.
---
#14couchtater12345Posted 4/16/2012 12:54:28 PM
ImmatureContent posted...
I don't know what fantasy world you are living in, but with the exception of family oriented fantasy settings, lots of fantasy worlds are highly sexualized. They often demonstrate the primal nature of humanity. Sometimes it's more overt than others but it's a very common concept in fantasy.

And there is nothing wrong with sex. It's part of what we are. It's rather absurd that so few people condemn the widely accepted violence in entertainment but at the same time scoff at the slightest hint of sexuality.

Also, I think you meant oversexed. The term has nothing to do with how much sex you are getting. It refers to your sex drive. An undersexed person would have little interest in seeing images that incite sexual thoughts.

Your point is completely irrelevant to what he was explaining. He's not talking about social faut pas in fantasy worlds. He's talking about the combat advantage one would could possibly gain from wearing bikini armor rather than normal armor. The answer is none other than, potentially, mobility, but you might as well not wear chain armor in that case. Therefore, it's not realistic for anyone to wear it if they were seeking protection which is why no one ever did.

Thus, the only reason they would put it in is for pure, cheap sex appeal, which a good game shouldn't require to succeed.
---
I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
#15ImmatureContentPosted 4/16/2012 2:04:31 PM(edited)
No one complains about bikini armor because it's unrealistic. Fantasy games, or games in general for that matter, are full of illogical stuff that no one looks at twice and yet they jump all over this issue. Claiming it's not practical is just an excuse to hide the fact that you have a personal problem with it. Hell, the whole point of fantasy is that it's not supposed to be realistic.

Adding sex appeal to a game doesn't cheapen it. It's not some delicate piece of artwork. It's created for entertainment value. No one is saying it should be forced on everyone. But having extra options doesn't hurt you if you choose not to use them.

And for the record, this game is clearly already throwing in sex appeal. If you've ever seen the female characters in their underwear, it's blatantly clear effort was put into making them look sexy. Hell, just look at the way they walk. So, it makes no sense not to provide better armor options to take advantage of that fact.
---
I was the turkey all along!
#16lunarswordPosted 4/17/2012 3:00:49 PM(edited)
En Sabah Nur posted...
Maybe you'd like to use a nerf gun or a corndog as a weapon too?

Actually, the latest update to Dark Meadow on iOS lets you buy a corndog for sword battles. It ever sets the enemies on fire.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/mygames/index.html?user=lunarsword
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
#17generalhsPosted 4/17/2012 3:13:05 PM
meralonne posted...
Well... some of them are available, some of them aren't. But the omissions really stick out. Like the female Dokkalfar outfits for example. Or Alyn Shir's "outfit". I guess Alyn Shir has the copyright on Daisy Dukes in Alamur and she's not sharing.

Most likely NPCs are complete models unlike in Skyrim where they're a base with the armor and weapons added on. The unavailable outfits simply lack a version for the player to use.
#18meralonnePosted 4/17/2012 3:57:09 PM
generalhs posted...
meralonne posted...

Most likely NPCs are complete models unlike in Skyrim where they're a base with the armor and weapons added on. The unavailable outfits simply lack a version for the player to use.

Yeah... if memory serves, they had a similar problem with some of the outfits in the Fable games.
---
#19meralonnePosted 4/18/2012 8:18:57 PM
meralonne posted...
Pdaimaoh posted...

All of the robes are rather garishly colored, which makes them all kind of blend together to an extent. Being able to dye your outfits would've been a nice addition. As far as your specific requests go, who knows? Maybe they didn't want them in for stylistic reasons. Maybe they couldn't get the robes to work without massive clipping. I really couldn't say.

I hereby retract this statement.

In my latest game, I'm actively trying to gather outfits. Being primarily Sorcery, I wear those outfits. So imagine my surprise when I discovered that the Dark Empyrean and Lachlan robes are not similar... they're the exact same ****ing robes. There are no visual differences, only statistical. If you're going to make two "different" sets of clothing, is it too much to ask that they look different?

Lazy. Lazy. Lazy.
---
#20GreenMage7Posted 4/18/2012 9:10:50 PM
Yale_ posted...
why do feminist gamers want "realistic protective" armor in a fantasy game? i want bikini armor that has the best stats in a MAKE BELEIVE FANTASY GAME...

There is a TERA open beta this weekend. Sound like it is right up your alley.