gettin dat money

#1End_of_DayPosted 4/17/2012 1:43:35 PM
i've been leveling persuasion and detect hidden to get money in this game. is there a better way?
---
My hubris is bigger than yours.
LoL - TheWorld7
#2meralonnePosted 4/17/2012 2:02:36 PM
I'm sure there are more efficient ways of racking up quick cash (blacksmithing with particular components and gems, completing certain lorestone sets), but I'm partial to farming Freemen myself.

I can't remember the name of the place exactly (think it's one of the "Caer"s), but there's a spot on the Plains of Erathell you can fast-travel to that has several (along with a Jottun and some wolves). There's also a convenient forge sitting right there in the open.

Most important thing to remember about farming Freemen is that you make more money per Armband if you turn large quantities of them in at once. I dropped off 80 last night and scored somewhere around 150K. Again, not the most efficient means of quick cash, but it's fun. Also, note that I haven't gone to Mel Senshir or Detyre yet.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#3BrokenGruntyPosted 4/17/2012 6:35:10 PM
Level your Mercantile skill. You'll notice a huge difference and if you are forced to destroy stuff then you will get money for what you destroy.
#4FrozenHELL78Posted 4/17/2012 6:49:20 PM
make gems and sell them. even cloudy quality crafted gems can be sold for nice cash early on, and you literally swim in them throughout the game.
---
Gamertag - Mosaic78
#5ThisIsAKnoifePosted 4/17/2012 6:51:19 PM
House of Valor got me quite a bit of cash. other than that, just selling loot and not buying anything and just crafting better gear will allow you to save up a lot too.
---
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius
#6CrazyChrono83Posted 4/24/2012 1:41:15 PM
Don't spend any money on repairs. Put 1 point into blacksmith and use repair kits (60 gold) when your durability gets low. Saves thousands of gold...
#7End_of_Day(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2012 6:31:15 PM
meralonne posted...

i just reached the wolds at level 25 and i have a little over 300k. i got the quest for the freemen and i can't wait! >=D actually i have one band. x]
i haven't been buying weapons but i haven't been salvaging any of the equipment i found either. i've just been using the best weapon i can find and sell the rest...save for some cool looking equips / uniques that i like.

CrazyChrono83 posted...
Don't spend any money on repairs. Put 1 point into blacksmith and use repair kits (60 gold) when your durability gets low. Saves thousands of gold...

oh. my god. i break my sword so often. thanks for this.
---
My hubris is bigger than yours.
LoL - TheWorld7
#8vf19excaliburPosted 4/24/2012 11:06:20 PM
You can own a gold mine in the Hollowlands of Detyre.

Helping certain people will improve their buy/sell rates with you- the apothecary gnome in the first town, the apothecary sisters in Emaire & the Cradle of Summer in the Forsaken Plain and the owner of Askar's Alley in the Gardens of Ysa.

Some of the "tasks" are infinite- you can keep bringing whatever the quest giver asks for. You can trade in bandit armbands in the Wolds, rat meat in Menetyre, earrings in the Midden, civilian clothes (the Farmer and Peasant clothing you find in houses) to a Traveller in Moon Camp, near Rathir and hunting beasts in Tala-Rane.
There are other repeatable tasks, but they actually end, use up supplies you might need yourself or disappear due to a plot point.