So is this better than Batman: Arkham Asylum?

#1mrdarknight79Posted 9/13/2010 10:13:02 PM
Wondering which superhero game to get etc?
---
GT: mrdarknight79
#2Static870Posted 9/13/2010 10:32:14 PM
I loved Arkham Asylum, but I enjoy this a lot too. Honestly I'd have a hard time choosing between the two being a Spider-Man fan.

When it comes down to it though, I'd say Arkham Asylum is better. Not by a whole lot though. That's just my opinion.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/jebraymer
Istanbul was Constantinople, now it's Istanbul not Constantinople.
#3ThugETHPosted 9/13/2010 10:38:49 PM
AA is the better game imo.
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#4En Sabah NurPosted 9/13/2010 10:40:16 PM
Better? No. Different? Yes.

Both games rely heavily on collection. Spider-man is more straight forward with linear levels, but there are challenges (doing things within time limits, killing enemies with certain attacks, etc.) to complete and hidden spiders to find as well. There is a great deal of variety between the 4 dimensions, and some of the boss fights are very cool. The graphics are also quite nice and vibrant, and each dimension's visuals are different. A single playthrough should come out to about 10 hours. You will need a bit more time to unlock everything.

Batman is also a beautiful game, and is more polished and less buggy than Spider-man SD. There were still things I didn't particularly love about it, but the combat is cool, the gadgets are fun, and it's addictive to find all of the riddles and stuff. Batman AA is meant for a true completionist (which I tend to not be, but with that game I was). You will reach a few frustrating and annoying parts, but overall it's a really good game. I don't remember how long it took me to beat, it's probably a bit longer than Spider-man, but not amazingly long.

I've gone for nearly all the achievements in both games, missing only the top medals and hard playthroughs in both (I am lazy to replay games on higher difficulties sometimes). Both games have beat'em up qualities, but Spider-man does it in a more level-based fashion with greater variety and constant action, and Batman does it in a dark and detailed environment where stealth, various puzzles, and exploration are key elements.

---
WoW: 80 Druid, 80 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 80 Warlock, 80 Mage, 80 Hunter, 80 Priest, 80 Warrior, 80/80 Death Knight, 80/80 Shaman
#5SSJ VegetolliPosted 9/13/2010 10:43:26 PM
Lemme put it this way:
Batman AA is the FIRST game I got 1000 Gamerscore on.
---
XSpidercideX : Wait, there are girls at gamefaqs?!
Me: Ugh... noobs are the herpies of the gaming world
#6Just_a_loserPosted 9/13/2010 10:44:13 PM
There really isn't comparison. Arkham Asylum was a masterpiece. This game is a good game, and worth buying, but it doesn't come close to Arkham.

This game is to be considered to be great in terms of super hero games. Arkham Asylum is considered great even compared with some of the biggest gaming titles to date.
---
The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world...is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair.
#7Static870Posted 9/13/2010 10:51:33 PM

Lemme put it this way:
Batman AA is the FIRST game I got 1000 Gamerscore on.

I should point this out as well. AA was the first game I actually set out to get all 1000 achievement points. Still one of the few games that I actually have 1000/1000.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/jebraymer
Istanbul was Constantinople, now it's Istanbul not Constantinople.
#8GothicGangstaPosted 9/14/2010 3:30:41 AM
.....No, no it is not (comming from a major Spider-man fan)
#9moxxidudePosted 9/14/2010 4:39:40 AM
A year later, Batman: Arkham Asylum is still the same retail price. A year from now, Shattered Dimensions will be $20 at Wal-Mart.
#10vespa5Posted 9/14/2010 4:50:02 AM

moxxidude posted...
A year later, Batman: Arkham Asylum is still the same retail price. A year from now, Shattered Dimensions will be $20 at Wal-Mart.

Actually, Batman: AA GOTY in 3D is $49.99 while the standard version of the game is now only $29.99 (Best Buy). I noticed AA went down in price (just like almost all the other games that is released for the 360) within a matter of months.