This was the most repetitive game I've ever played

#1TRMDYLPosted 2/8/2011 9:53:22 AM
By the time I got to the final level, I was just about ready to throw my controller out the window. (Deadpool Stage was A NIGHTMARE)
I seriously can't think of a more repetitive game. Except maybe the Katamari games. But they had their own charm IMO.
Who agrees/disagrees? Why? Give me an example of an even more painfully repetitive game if you disagree?
I have to know.
---
I love my Wii. My girlfriend can't get enough of it. - Glay
If Graphics didn't matter, we'd still be playing on the NES.
#2GamerSlyRatchetPosted 2/8/2011 12:13:25 PM
I'll agree, the game did get repetitive. It was still much fun, however, and better than the jambled mess that was the last game.

As for more repetitive games, though? Most hack n' slashers, including God of War. Fighting games in general are repetitive. Even Arkham Asylum was made of mostly either stealth sections or big brawls, with extras like the riddles sprinkled in there. Doesn't make them any less fun, though, and Arkham was a superior game to this.
---
ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD !!!!
#3lilORANGPosted 2/8/2011 2:04:55 PM
This game blew dolphin chunks. Very repetitive. Terrible camera. The entire Noir dimension was painfully stupid. the dialogue was genuinely funny though. that was pretty much the only good part. Make a web of shadows 2. That game was the best spidey so far. really good combat, only brought down by a somewhat wonky camera.

As for other repetitive games, pretty much any hack n slash, GTA 4 (which was horrible IMO, bring on the flamers), and this game.
---
PSN: lilORANG
You can lead a horse to water....but why not ride it? You have a horse!!
#4GamerSlyRatchetPosted 2/8/2011 10:41:25 PM
Oh, yeah. Put Web of Shadows in the repetitive list as well. Still fun, but still a repetitive mess.
---
#5Just_a_loserPosted 2/9/2011 10:57:45 AM
This argument is old. Every game gets this claim. I always present the same argument.

Show me a game that isn't repetitive and I shall give you Jesus.
---
The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world...is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair.
#6TRMDYL(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2011 6:48:04 AM
^ if every game is like this then be amazed at how repetitive this game was that people actually noticed.
---
#7Just_a_loserPosted 2/11/2011 11:41:33 AM
Again, show me a game that isn't repetitive.

Every single game in existence, good or bad, will fit this description.

All that matters is if you can find it enjoyable.
---
The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world...is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair.
#8GamerSlyRatchetPosted 2/11/2011 8:29:04 PM
True. EVERY game is repetitive by nature. It's not like you go from shooting and free roam to platforming to stealth to puzzle gameplay in Grand Theft Auto. There's a huge difference between FEELING repetitive and BEING repetitive.
---
#9TRMDYL(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2011 1:03:49 AM
^ Thank you.
---
#10TenthPosted 2/17/2011 8:13:52 AM
A more repetitive game? Let's just use this generation. I'll also only list a couple of the games I played and loved:

Resident Evil 5 - aim gun, pull trigger
Assassin's Creed - track down the same 6 clues that lead you to each of the bosses
Gears of War (1 & 2) - aim gun, pull trigger, hide behind wall

In those games, gameplay never changed. It was the same from beginning, to end. Nothing was unlocked to change how any of it felt... with the exception of AC in which the game decided when you got to use new tools.

Shattered Dimensions not only allowed you to unlock new ways to combat enemies, each dimension was a completely different way to progress from beginning to end. Movement, story, and combat was all different in each one.

I won't say it's not repetitive, ALL games are. Some, however, try to make so that only the most bitter gamers can say "it's repetitive". To say this is 'the most repetitive game..." means you haven't played very many.