Quick review of the game for anyone interested...

#1Dangerboy22Posted 10/21/2010 7:10:01 AM
I primarily bought the Move for my kids. My 2 and a half year old daughter loved the demo so I decided to pick it up mainly for her. This game is the perfect example of how bad game design can ruin what should be a great gaming experience.

The mini games included are pretty fun and the MOVE works perfectly with all of them. Its cool how the game replaces the move wand with whatever tool you use in the game. It looks like you're holding a tennis racket, fan, or sword. The movements are spot when you twist and turn your controller. Also, depth plays a part in the gameplay. This is a great tech demo for MOVE.

On to the bad. Whatever idiot designed this game needs to leave the gaming business now. Out of the 20 mini games, only 9 are available to be selected to play freely. The rest only appear randomly in the survival mode. Stupid, stupid decision. Some of the best games (whack a mole, slicing fruit with a sword, and a couple others) are only available randomly in survival mode and only playable for a few seconds. Why you are not able to select these games as free play is beyond me and totally ruins a lot of the fun.

Major problem #2 is the multiplayer. Why is there no co op or multiplayer gaming at the same time? You can only play with one wand and you have to take turns doing it. The potential was so great to have 2 people playing at the same time.

Other than that, the game controls perfectly and can be fun for a while. Whether or not you should buy this depends on who you are buying it for. My 2 1/2 year old absolutely loves it. I have to tear the controller from her hand. I would say if you want it for a 2-6 year old, its a great buy. 7-10 year olds will depend on their gaming sophistication. Older than 10, rental at best. Teenagers....dont even bother...
---
I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
#2wwefanforlifePosted 10/29/2010 1:21:11 AM

runback22 posted...
Whatever idiot designed this game needs to leave the gaming business now. Out of the 20 mini games, only 9 are available to be selected to play freely. The rest only appear randomly in the survival mode. Stupid, stupid decision. Some of the best games (whack a mole, slicing fruit with a sword, and a couple others) are only available randomly in survival mode and only playable for a few seconds. Why you are not able to select these games as free play is beyond me and totally ruins a lot of the fun.

My niece is 4 and she enjoyed it but I was annoyed and so was she that only 9 games are only selectable in free play mode. I have to say that the games in free play mode are pretty bad especially that heilcopter game and games like slicing the fruit and wack a mole would have been great for free play. I don't like being limited Super Massive games should patch the game and give the players all the games for free play mode.

#3StumpweaselPosted 11/3/2010 12:46:30 PM
Totally agree with the first two reviews - this could have been a much better game. Instead, it feels as though it was rushed out in time for the launch of Move and lots of opportunities missed (co-op, multiplayer etc).

That said, it's better than some of the games on the "launch" disc, I've been tempted to buy exactly none of them. The Sports Challenge game didn't exactly offer a wide range of sports to try and I'm not shelling out in case it's pants.

I bought Move for Little Big Planet 2 but now that's been delayed...

Start the Party... Thanks, but no.