Remake Curse of Monkey Island?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Raish5

Raish5
6 years ago#1
Do you think they will? Or is it dependant on how well this sells?

User Info: crynryan

crynryan
6 years ago#2
If not a remake, we'll get a straight up port of CMI. Hopefully that doesn't happen, because that would mean that LucasArts is just porting old games for more profit.

I think they will remake it, should come out next year sometime during the summer hopefully, because MI 1 came out in July of last year
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCeba25rkig
^ TTFAF Five star

User Info: flybyshooter

flybyshooter
6 years ago#3
Well it certainly will not happen if this title doesn't sell well... I really doubt they will do a port, most likely they will update the graphics to HD. Who knows we might even get new content. It's possible considering they seem to be adding new features with each release.
I am what I think, and I think what I am.

User Info: WadePotter

WadePotter
6 years ago#4
Maybe a revamp of the graphics, but unfortunatly some of the voice actors may not come back. I've read that the gentleman who did the hotel guy passed away :/
A man once told me that I was a brilliant student. I laughed in his face.
Carolina Panthers (8-8)

User Info: Milso

Milso
6 years ago#5
Curse was hand drawn and already fully voice acted. There's not really anything they can improve, a direct port would look just as good, if not better than these HD remakes.

Escape is a little more up for debate, as it looked horrid. Remaking it would require a lot of effort, which probably isn't worth it for a game that wasn't very good.
rawr

User Info: AuspexAO

AuspexAO
6 years ago#6
CMI is done in hand drawn animation so an update would probably only entail resolution upgrades.
"It's too late to correct it," said the Red Queen: "when you've once said a thing, that fixes it, and you must take the consequences"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived