Remake Curse of Monkey Island?

#1Raish5Posted 7/6/2010 6:10:55 PM
Do you think they will? Or is it dependant on how well this sells?
#2crynryanPosted 7/6/2010 7:33:37 PM
If not a remake, we'll get a straight up port of CMI. Hopefully that doesn't happen, because that would mean that LucasArts is just porting old games for more profit.

I think they will remake it, should come out next year sometime during the summer hopefully, because MI 1 came out in July of last year
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCeba25rkig
^ TTFAF Five star
#3flybyshooterPosted 7/6/2010 8:11:38 PM
Well it certainly will not happen if this title doesn't sell well... I really doubt they will do a port, most likely they will update the graphics to HD. Who knows we might even get new content. It's possible considering they seem to be adding new features with each release.
---
I am what I think, and I think what I am.
#4WadePotterPosted 7/6/2010 9:49:31 PM
Maybe a revamp of the graphics, but unfortunatly some of the voice actors may not come back. I've read that the gentleman who did the hotel guy passed away :/
---
A man once told me that I was a brilliant student. I laughed in his face.
Carolina Panthers (8-8)
#5MilsoPosted 7/6/2010 11:43:09 PM
Curse was hand drawn and already fully voice acted. There's not really anything they can improve, a direct port would look just as good, if not better than these HD remakes.

Escape is a little more up for debate, as it looked horrid. Remaking it would require a lot of effort, which probably isn't worth it for a game that wasn't very good.
---
rawr
#6AuspexAOPosted 7/7/2010 12:04:01 AM
CMI is done in hand drawn animation so an update would probably only entail resolution upgrades.

---
"It's too late to correct it," said the Red Queen: "when you've once said a thing, that fixes it, and you must take the consequences"