we're getting pets

#1EndgamePosted 4/10/2012 11:30:49 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYVoyohShzw

we get to fill the streets of Rocheste with baby fomors, Riordan will be pleased.....
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#2SuperSocratesPosted 4/14/2012 11:58:42 PM
Excellent.
---
Ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
#3darkrain108Posted 4/15/2012 2:52:32 PM
I'm uncertain as to the use of these. In a game like Maplestory they are invaluable as they help you loot much faster on crowded maps. Vindictus has no such thing...so what exactly are pets going to do, besides exist?
---
i5-2500k@4.2ghz/8GB Ripjaws PC3 10666/XFX Radeon 5850 1GB/Westinghouse 24"LCD/WD Blue 500GB/WD Blue 640GB/Creative Fatality Pro/G15 Keyboard/CM Storm Mouse
#4Endgame(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 7:16:36 PM
according to the preview announcement from Nexon, they can loot, attack, and they give bonus DEF

they'll be up on the test server soon
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#5Endgame(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 5:54:10 PM
afkalmighty of Vindictus HQ has translated the test server patch notes:

Pets have been updated

-Pets are account-bound.
-Pets gain experience after completing a battle and can be used up to a maximum of 2 hours each day.
-Pet food and feathers [yes feathers] can be bought from Aislinn.... I wonder if I got her name right.
-The following pet related cash items are available
Pet resurrection stone : Can be equipped on your pet to auto rez (3day period)
Pet attack stone : Can be equipped on your pet to increase it's attack
Owner defense stone : Can be equipped on your pet to increase your defense when you have your pet out.

Twinked the whisper function

Character social action /dance added

Will stat improved to give additional HP up to a maximum of 1200

Putting up a item up on trade will now be loaded in the number of the particular stack you chose.

The soldier on the Rochest dock will now also sell seal items.

so, pets are free, but you get bonuses from Cash Shop..... but nevermind that, it's time to stack WIL!
---
#6darkrain108Posted 4/17/2012 7:41:48 PM
They...twinked the whisper system? So is it still really low level now, but can 1 shot all other whisper systems? XD.

Anyway, I think WIL was always supposed to add HP, so isn't that considered a fix? Free pets are cool and all, but from the footage I've seen they don't seem to do anything but stop you from getting screwed out of items that fly out of bounds. That and function as another form of DEF stack, but most people are there anyway now...so that's not going to be an issue.

Good to see the game isn't on the dying path yet though, it deserves more attention than it gets.
---
i5-2500k@4.2ghz/8GB Ripjaws PC3 10666/XFX Radeon 5850 1GB/Westinghouse 24"LCD/WD Blue 500GB/WD Blue 640GB/Creative Fatality Pro/G15 Keyboard/CM Storm Mouse
#7Endgame(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2012 8:43:34 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBx5X2KMpUg

and apparently, it's 2000 WIL for 1200 HP

not sure if it's possible to get that much without the stat boosting transformation skills
---