4 play co-op campaign

#1crimsonslothPosted 9/2/2011 11:17:11 AM
So anyone really curious on how this will work. I mean if they make the enemies too strong that would be ridiculous where you empty like 2 full clips of lancer into something, or do you think they will add way more enemies to each battle to balance it out? I know on gears 2 and 1 I could usually end most battles fairly quick with the longshot and boltok head popping combo, or just toss some nades.
#2Danny_1993Posted 9/2/2011 12:19:31 PM
EPIC have said they have completley adjusted how the campaign is to suit 4 players (i.e. naturally have bigger areas) so that it doesn't feel like a 2 player co-op with an extra 2 players squashed in. I can assume that they will naturally have more enemies to compensate for the additional human controlled players, but obviously how hard they are wil be reflected on the difficulty you play on.

You have to keep in mind that with the Lambent it's a competley new type of enemy to kill, so they can't necessarily be killed just by pumping bullets in them, it requires thinking as opposed to 4 people ripping it to shreds
#3asdfienslkdieeePosted 9/2/2011 3:17:41 PM
^How is that true?

Every lambent I've seen is killed exactly the same way - with bullets. The only difference is that they explode afterward.
---
No thanks, I have plans to sandpaper my entire body and roll around in salt.
#4Ryan2002Posted 9/2/2011 3:19:08 PM
I figured the game would just have more splitting paths to use as well.
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://www.zreomusic.com/Zelda25.jpg =-= http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v965tv&s=7
#5spdbossPosted 9/2/2011 3:39:29 PM
yah like a 4 way split path that would be hard, well at least this 4 player co-op will be better then halo's co-op.
---
Games getting: Gears of war 3, halo CEA
GT: SMC Omega
#6Danny_1993Posted 9/3/2011 9:40:28 AM

asdfienslkdieee posted...
^How is that true?

Every lambent I've seen is killed exactly the same way - with bullets. The only difference is that they explode afterward.
---
No thanks, I have plans to sandpaper my entire body and roll around in salt.

You have to kill the blisters on them first, so shooting them in their feet for example won't do anything until you shoot the blisters.

Lambent also change on the fly into a different enemy althogether, so it's NOT just a case of standing there shooting them, you have to learn how to flank them to shoot their weakspots - try standing there shooting a lambent berserker and see what it does

#7Sargatanas13576Posted 9/3/2011 11:51:38 AM

Tighter target points will be good training. I welcome this as it will improve my skills.

#8pookiejinPosted 9/3/2011 12:38:32 PM
Aye, the lambent have weak spots to exploit. Additionally there are huge tendrils that pop out of the ground and spew forth more lambent, adding more foes until you kill the tendril. Think emergence holes but glowy, big and explosive. i dont think there will be a want for more to do with 4 players.
#9greenballerPosted 9/3/2011 1:00:15 PM

If you look at some of the act 1 camp footage ( i advise you not to because it will make you crave the game more) you can see that you have to take down enemies from a week spot. Therefor pumping bullets is not gonna help as well as ammo will be limited. so 4 player camp is gonna be beast.

#10Ashen_VerdictPosted 9/3/2011 3:56:08 PM
what i'm wondering is if the 4player co-op will be local or online? i'm assuming that at least 2 people will be able to co-op locally since that's how the last two games have worked.
---
"Why must I enter my own castle through the back door?"
*FMA: Brotherhood spoilers* --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu1lrcC6qok