SERIOUSLY!?! Not one topic about the story??! Lets discuss how it all ended!

#11ViiperPosted 9/27/2011 5:33:44 PM

From: ox_Sephiroth_xo | Posted: 9/27/2011 6:28:02 PM | #010
The campaign as a whole was....meh. I personally thought the first 2 campaigns were more enjoyable. Also, the ending was just bad. Left too much unanswered, but the DLC will probably clear most of that up.

You think it will? I thought epic said the dlc wont involve any of the characters from this game.
---
Gamer Tag: [ viiper ] 3DS [1977-0177-3689 (Viiper) (If you add me, message me w/ info) ]
Animal Crossing: City Folk [ Das in e 4942-1810-9471 ]
#12CoryLunchboxPosted 9/27/2011 5:36:34 PM
I would guess that the big questions left at the end of the series will be answered in comics or graphic novels to supplement the story. It's a good tactic to leave us hanging and drum up sales.
#13Dragon NexusPosted 9/27/2011 6:32:09 PM
The books told a great story between GoW2 and 3.
GoW3's campaign left me kinda flat after that. A ton of characters either didn't make an appearance or were simply killed off without so much as a fanfare (Tai got jipped in GoW2, for sure...but Michaelson was just insulting).

Characterisation seemed to get shifted around. Marcus was played as an intelligent, quiet and stoic warrior in the novels and turned into a yappy dumb-ass in the campaign.
Dom seemed to be coming to terms with life now and vowed to protect Marcus and the people he cared about always. Then he goes and obliterates himself.

I was disappointed with several things after reading the books, really. Anvil Gate? More like Anvil Front Porch. Where was the city? The two iconic giant guns? The damn population of Pelruan? And Bernie Mataki, what a disappointment. My favourite character from the books. I assumed she was going to get a better look in than *that*.

And this is just the stuff missing from the novels. What about the long term fans? Who's Myrrah? Where did she come from? What's her back story? Why does she look human compared to the Locust? what was the deal with the Sires? What was the point in Prescott sending Delta to investigate the lab they were contained in? Why did the Locust *attack* humanity if they were simply trying to escape lambancy and already were aware of humans and had dealings with them before?

The end of a trilogy is meant to answer all the unanswered questions and...it just didn't.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#14niamahaiPosted 9/27/2011 6:35:28 PM
Anya and Marcus get it on and repopulate the world of Sera for Children of Gears.

its a hybrid third-person shooter / SiMs game as you roleplay as one of the Fenix offsprings trying to live in a post-emulsion world.

rated EC to accommodate for the growing casual market.

Kinect required.
#15MagnaRavePosted 9/27/2011 6:37:53 PM
Yes the Tempest is in the end of number 1. And I do believe it is in the second one as well some place, might be mistaken.

That's the Hydra, I think, not the Tempest, that appears at the end of the first game.
#16Dragon NexusPosted 9/27/2011 6:38:44 PM

Yes the Tempest is in the end of number 1. And I do believe it is in the second one as well some place, might be mistaken.

That's the Hydra, I think, not the Tempest, that appears at the end of the first game.

Indeed. It's Skorge riding on his special Horsey.
The pre-alpha model of Skorge too when he was simply a RAAM recolour.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#17znyrk(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2011 6:44:19 PM
Yes that makes sense. I checked the gearswiki and it said The Tempest was only eatured in GOW3. I just assumed it was in all three and especially the ending of 1 since the queen is talking and I haven't played it for a long time.
---
There is no I in Team
#18EchoX860Posted 9/27/2011 6:46:44 PM
Spoilers
---
Very First Owner of Kirby and Exploding Sock's Golden Dogtags! Count: 14 and 23 | Any kind of FPS Fan
Gamertag: EchoX860
#19Fad3_702Posted 9/27/2011 6:52:29 PM(edited)
Speaking of Dom's final act, why do i have the feeling that if people would have voted for Clay to die it would have been him that drives the truck and gets killed instead of Dom.
---
PSN/XBL GT: Fade702 on tekkenzaibatsu srk and homingcancel
Currently Playing: Gears of War 3, CS:S, ToV, Arcana Heart 3, Tekken 6
#20vallcorrPosted 9/27/2011 6:51:01 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...

Indeed. It's Skorge riding on his special Horsey.
The pre-alpha model of Skorge too when he was simply a RAAM recolour.

I always thought it looked like a theron guard on top of it. It was indeed the hydra though. If it were the Tempest i would definately remember it.