Why all the complaining about soloing the final boss on insane? (SPOILERS)

#1Dark_Master1230Posted 9/30/2011 11:51:34 PM
I've been seeing a lot of posts last several days about how impossible it is to beat the Tempest solo on insane difficulty, so I decided to take the challenge tonight.

Started up the final chapter on insane, and I managed to beat it in 10 minutes... only died once and that was just a mistake on my part where I was caught out in the open when the tempest did one of it's fire attacks. What is so hard about it apart from Casual/Normal/Hardcore difficulty? (I beat campaign on Hardcore myself, and again had no problems, didn't even die at all during the fight). It's a relatively easy fight, just need to take it slow and calm and not go running/fumbling around like an idiot as she's firing the flame attack.

P.S. I didn't use any mutators, don't even have any unlocked yet
---
GT: Demigod Tyek
Currently Playing: Gears of War 3, NHL 2012
#2Young_CaesarPosted 9/30/2011 11:58:41 PM
Honestly speaking, no one should fall for this obvious bait, but lets be real here, some of you are about to. Please don't.
---
Simply the best
#3SSJ3ButchPosted 10/1/2011 12:01:36 AM
Actually he is pretty right, I did it myself, and all you have to do is hide in the right spot and the bots take most of the hits from the palace guards, the hardest part is running into the open to get HOD reload.
#4Dark_Master1230(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2011 12:04:59 AM
Honestly speaking, no one should fall for this obvious bait, but lets be real here, some of you are about to. Please don't.

What is your problem?

Sorry, but I am completely serious with my original post. I cannot see why the final boss was supposedly so "impossible" (as others have stated) on insane solo
---
#5Young_CaesarPosted 10/1/2011 12:06:07 AM
Herp derp I didn't find any problems with the final fight, so no one else should derp herp.
---
Simply the best
#6Who_ate_the_piePosted 10/1/2011 12:06:15 AM
I demand youtube video as proof. And also because I'm curious how other people defeated the boss.
#7SSJ3ButchPosted 10/1/2011 12:11:30 AM
here is some youtube video of the insane battle, his voice is a little annoying but i used his strategy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqv84gqxDKU
#8Dark_Master1230(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2011 12:14:23 AM
Herp derp I didn't find any problems with the final fight, so no one else should derp herp.

Herp derp yep pretty much. As I said, I just noticed several posts about it, so decided to challenge myself. Only it wasn't that hard... derp herp

I demand youtube video as proof. And also because I'm curious how other people defeated the boss.

Sorry, no video, but I would be happy to explain the very simple and obvious strategy.

Just constantly stay behind the pillars that are in her line of sight when the Tempest fires the flame attack (therefore it never harms you). Then open fire during the rest time (lasting about 5-7 seconds). Rinse and repeat. When she flies around to try and get a better shot at you, simply just reposition yourself so there's a pillar between you and her line of sight.

When you bring the Tempest down, simply Hammer of Dawn it. It took 5 hits to end phase one, where phase two then began (where she attacks the tower).

Just shoot the open spots on the Tempest's backside until she drops, then INSTANTLY get behind a pillar because she will recuperate instantly with a flame attack wherever your location is. Then repeat the same strategy as phase one, you just have two (wow... two) theron guards to take out as well. I just shot them with my lancer. Not that hard.

As I said, just be patient and take it slow, instead of running around like an idiot and getting caught up in the Tempest's fire attack, and you should have no problems.
---
#9Young_CaesarPosted 10/1/2011 12:15:55 AM

Herp derp yep pretty much. As I said, I just noticed several posts about it, so decided to challenge myself. Only it wasn't that hard... derp herp

Sorry, no video, but I would be happy to explain the very simple and obvious strategy.

Just constantly stay behind the pillars that are in her line of sight when the Tempest fires the flame attack (therefore it never harms you). Then open fire during the rest time (lasting about 5-7 seconds). Rinse and repeat. When she flies around to try and get a better shot at you, simply just reposition yourself so there's a pillar between you and her line of sight.

When you bring the Tempest down, simply Hammer of Dawn it. It took 5 hits to end phase one, where phase two then began (where she attacks the tower).

Just shoot the open spots on the Tempest's backside until she drops, then INSTANTLY get behind a pillar because she will recuperate instantly with a flame attack wherever your location is. Then repeat the same strategy as phase one, you just have two (wow... two) theron guards to take out as well. I just shot them with my lancer. Not that hard.

As I said, just be patient and take it slow, instead of running around like an idiot and getting caught up in the Tempest's fire attack, and you should have no problems.

A simple DERP would have sufficed.
---
Simply the best
#10Haelion_Posted 10/1/2011 12:18:18 AM
Dark_Master1230 posted...
Then repeat the same strategy as phase one, you just have two (wow... two) theron guards to take out as well. I just shot them with my lancer. Not that hard.

2 therons on insane? There are at least 6 spawned at any given time unless you kill them, maybe more. And then they respawn.
---
GT- War Mouse Zug
Justice League Member: Bernie Mac