Are you grinding your unmaxed fortifications for the dlc achievment?

#1AmazingDanyPosted 3/15/2012 10:24:01 PM
Or not even because you don't care?

Personally, I'm halfway through level 3 of my Silverback. Only fort remaining as the 5 other were maxed a long time ago.

Honestly, the SB grinding is not that bad! The minigun is very powerful and so are the rockets, I finally got the 500 kills ach with them too! I'm using the hardcore Blood Drive spawn camping + 1 hard + 1 instagib + friendly fire mute at level 9. It nets around 7K each time.

I figure I'll have it maxed out in about a week grinding 100 000$ each day, only takes about 30 minutes.

(End of cool story)
#2BossfellaPosted 3/15/2012 10:31:08 PM
I wouldn't call it "grinding," per se, but I've been playing a lot of solo Horde and focusing on different fortifications. I just have to finish off the Silverback, which is about half-way through level 3. It isn't so bad. Just do Insane Overpass with Super Reload, Infinite Ammo, and No Ammo Pickups. You still get 1.5x the amount. The Silverback hides pretty well up there, too, gunning them down as they come up the stairs.
---
Gamertag: Bossfella
Cut the straps of booby-traps and set their captives free.
#3steve_juneauPosted 3/15/2012 11:19:33 PM
AmazingDany posted...
Or not even because you don't care?

Personally, I'm halfway through level 3 of my Silverback. Only fort remaining as the 5 other were maxed a long time ago.

Honestly, the SB grinding is not that bad! The minigun is very powerful and so are the rockets, I finally got the 500 kills ach with them too! I'm using the hardcore Blood Drive spawn camping + 1 hard + 1 instagib + friendly fire mute at level 9. It nets around 7K each time.

I figure I'll have it maxed out in about a week grinding 100 000$ each day, only takes about 30 minutes.

(End of cool story)

I'm at the exact same point you are: Everything maxed apart from a level 3 Silverback. I'm gonna finish up Silent Hill Downpour before going back to Gears 3, but I'll probably steal your method for grinding the last part.
#4JayCRediJediPosted 3/16/2012 1:57:56 AM
I am in a similiar sitcho but I am at level 4. I am going to play/grind until I have 50000 left on it or so & use Mech Baird when the DLC comes out as that is an achievement also. I wont do the blood drive though, just public horde as I have to get another 100 or so Founder ribbons.
---
GT: JC Redi Jedi 66
#5slayerxelitePosted 3/16/2012 4:37:12 AM
All my fortifications have been maxed for a loooooong time since I play tons of Horde. I think Im going on ~4500 waves played.
---
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan Kenobi talking about GameFAQs
#6YodaCrackersPosted 3/16/2012 5:20:51 AM
Yes, and it is hell... Hell on Sera !
---
I'm sick and tired of posting on these stupid message boards.
#7M1LK_STEAKSPosted 3/16/2012 5:28:24 AM
at least it only has to be the 2nd level of the silverback.

i'm still not even half way on the 5th level
---
GT: G0LDEN G0D
#8VeliusKnightPosted 3/16/2012 5:33:41 AM

Yes, and it is hell... Hell on Sera !

Can't believe you're crying again.
---
It's no good if it doesn't burn-That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... take it back!
#9Groves22Posted 3/16/2012 5:36:28 AM
I maxed everything out during the 5% horde event... I was making millions per round so it didn't take that long to 4-star everything... :)
#10Geist des DurcheinanPosted 3/16/2012 6:03:56 AM
This is going to sound stupid but... how do you shoot rockets with the Silverback?
---
"If God were suddenly condemned to live the life which he has inflicted on man, he would kill himself"