At least look at me when you gib me.

#11Krauser86Posted 6/8/2012 10:13:01 AM
Actually, the wait times make perfect sense, because the whole point of the wait times in modes like Guardian, CTL and KoTH are that they are a consequence of death. If you could just jump back into the game in say... Guardian, it would literally just be a game of "throw yourself at their leader x amount of times until you kill him" -- if you die, the consequence of it is that your leader is left more vulnerable for x amount of seconds, and those few seconds could mean the game.

Whereas in TDM, the wait times are, well, I assume, they are there so the game can find the best spawn for you and your team when you are dead. If every dead player literally spawned instantly as they died, the game would frequently spawn opposite teamed players together, or spawn players behind players from the other team. I know it does that already, but it's there to improve those aspects, and prevent them happening every single game.
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Current Playing: Persona 4
#12AkubarixPosted 6/8/2012 11:43:14 AM
Actually, the wait times make perfect sense, because the whole point of the wait times in modes like Guardian, CTL and KoTH are that they are a consequence of death.
And what if you're someone like me, who rarely dies repeatedly, but ALWAYS gets a 12+ sec timer?

I can literally count on 2 hands the number of public games where I got less than 5 seconds to respawn. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten that lovely "wait a minute, there's no timer, oops. 15 seconds" crap.

It should be a SET time. Not a random one.
---
No Man Is Invincible. Therefore He Cannot Understand What It Means To Be Invincible.
#13GSTFFPosted 6/8/2012 12:23:03 PM
It's all good if you haven't got the patience to wait 10secs after you die you haven't got the patience to play a game like Gears properly

I used to rinse cs:s for years and never had a problem waiting if I died early. You observe, you learn, you improve. You die less. etc.
#14Krauser86Posted 6/8/2012 1:31:32 PM(edited)
Akubarix posted...
And what if you're someone like me, who rarely dies repeatedly, but ALWAYS gets a 12+ sec timer?

You don't "always get a 12+ timer". Stop exaggerating. Re-spawning on Gears 3 is done in waves, and is not a 'random time'.
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Current Playing: Persona 4
#15dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2012 3:15:39 PM
SoldierStevens posted...
It's kind of weird, because you look at players like arCtyC and he's bouncing all over the place gibbing everything with absolutely no lag whatsoever.

To be fair, those are just the games he's posting.

Besides, even in those games you can see the issues. He just refuses to acknowledge them publicly for some reason.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#16Ryan2002Posted 6/8/2012 10:11:37 PM
Tube_of_Noob posted...
Tdm is almost unplayable for me because I get dominated, but if theres an objective I can usually do okay and actually help my team. Lately Ive just given up on competitive mp though and just play horde.

I'm the same way. I dont' like just bouncing around waiting to be shotgunned, which accounts for 90% of my deaths. I stick with horde or beast most of the time unless i'm chasing an achievement. If there were a gametype without shotguns, I'd be happy.
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://tinyurl.com/45pdkzf http://oi53.tinypic.com/2v965tv.jpg http://oi40.tinypic.com/8x7i8o.jpg