English Patch + HD Version

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
  3. English Patch + HD Version
5 years ago#1
I'm considering importing this and the HD version for PS3, but since I know next to no Japanese, I was planning to use the English patch on the PSP version.

If I do that, will I still be able to transfer my save data between the PSP and PS3 version? I have no idea how the transfer works so excuse the ignorance if the answer to this is obvious.

Thanks
5 years ago#2
i believe you can still transfer even if you have the patch. it just goes back to all Japanese text
5 years ago#3
Ok great, thanks, that's what I was hoping would be the case.
5 years ago#4
The english patch has no effect on the save data, so you can xfer fine.

That said if you plan to spend any time on the HD version I suggest not bothering with the English patch, the sooner you get adjusted the happier you'll be.
5 years ago#5
Yeah good point, thanks for the tip.

I'd rather do that anyway since I'm on OFW and a 3000, and completely out of touch with the CFW scene.

Also, is the transfer thing quick/easy, the whole reason I'm getting the PS3 version is because I like the idea of playing on my PS3 while I'm home, then my PSP whilst I'm out, so I'll be transferring daily.
5 years ago#6
Just be careful that you back up your save first, so you don't accidently transfer the blank save on the PS3 version to your PSP and overwrite your current save.
www.youtube.com/user/mazereon
BG Compendium: http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/991479-monster-hunter-portable-3rd/faqs/61634
5 years ago#7
Ok will do, thanks.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
  3. English Patch + HD Version

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived