Athena's Armor Set Search for MHP3

#11Reginleif20Posted 6/2/2011 2:32:07 AM
Nice. Is it better than the one made by the Japanese?
---
XTag: Armads
MHP3rd Hunter: Jade
#12AthenaADP(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2011 9:41:36 PM
masax_mh, who made the Japanese Java-based armor "simulator" was kind enough to give me his code for creating the charm tables, so I owe him a great deal. I've used his program a lot, and it's pretty darn good. Let me list the differences that I can think of:

-His one is a Java application, so can be used on Mac/Linux. Mine is Windows only.

-His is often faster and more memory efficient, because it only gives you one armor combo per charm. Mine may a little slower for certain searches, but it gives you many more options to choose from. One exception: his one gives multiple solutions for charms you have manually added to his version of "mycharms".

-His one tells you exactly how many points of each skill each combo gives. Mine does not.

-His one gives results in BLOCK CAPITALS. Mine does not.

-Mine has better, more intuitive UI (in my opinion). For example, mine isn't a spreadsheet. And when you select your first skill, you can't select the same one again for the second skill because it is removed from the list, etc.

-Mine is bi-lingual (English and Japanese) and so caters for both people with an English patch and those playing straight from the UMD. You can even search for a combo in English, then switch afterwards to see the results in Japanese. All versions (translated or otherwise) of his app are strictly mono-lingual.

-Mine gives more detailed info on where to find each charm (right-click on it)

-Mine has more options such as disabling low-rank armor

-Mine can sort results by Max defense, Fire Res, etc. His does not (afaik).
#13darkwizard27Posted 6/2/2011 10:02:51 PM
-Mine can sort results by Max defense, Fire Res, etc. His does not (afaik).

When it gives full results (i.e. lists armor sets instead of charms) you can sort them by the columns, which include defense, fire res, weapons slots, total slots, etc.
#14Reginleif20Posted 6/2/2011 10:16:58 PM
AthenaADP posted...
-Mine is bi-lingual (English and Japanese) and so caters for both people with an English patch and those playing straight from the UMD. You can even search for a combo in English, then switch afterwards to see the results in Japanese. All versions (translated or otherwise) of his app are strictly mono-lingual.

It has a translated version in MHPH though

-Mine gives more detailed info on where to find each charm (right-click on it)

I'm pretty sure it also shows the tables, even the odds for getting the charm
---
XTag: Armads
MHP3rd Hunter: Jade
#15AthenaADP(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2011 3:47:45 PM
Ah, I should have realized you can sort by column. D'oh.

@Reginleif:
1) Yes, there is a translated version. My point was that there isn't a bi-lingual version.

2) The Java sim does show tables (sometimes) and probabilities for some of the charms. Not always however - I'm not entirely sure when or why, though. I think the more common charms might not(?). My ASS, however, will tell you precisely how many charms on each table will give you what you need. It even tells you if you want Radiant (yellow) or Ancient (Red) charms or both. You can therefore easily decide which table is optimal for charm farming.

On a related note, the "odds" given by his program are confusing to me. 1/64800? What do those odds refer to? Is it the odds of getting that charm per gethering quest? Would that take into account Gathering +2 and/or Felyne Gathering?

I much prefer my method. My ASS simply tells you how many charms of each type, for each table. Think of it like this: on each table, there are precisely 5400 unique charms of each type (Mystery, Radiant, Ancient). There is only one FastCharge+5, Attack+9 charm, and it is on table 8. Therefore, once you are on table 8, every Ancient charm you find has a 1/5400 chance to be that particular godly charm. If you average, say, three Ancient charms per run, it should take (on average) 1800 runs to get it. At ~4 mins per run, that's 120 hours of solid charm-farming (Ballpark figure).
#16AthenaADP(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2011 3:51:02 PM
Just occured to me: 64800 is exactly 12x5400. So it's saying only 1 out of the 64800 possible charms across all tables. But that value is completely meaningless, because the player is only ever on one table at a time. It's much better to look at the odds for the table the player is on (or wants to be on), which is at worst 1/5400.
#17agsboyPosted 6/3/2011 9:29:31 PM
lololololol. Zip is named Athena's ASS.
---
The grass was greener/The light was brighter
With friends surrounded/The nights of wonder
#18TME_GuyPosted 6/4/2011 5:35:28 AM
I have to hide this application from my parents when I DL'd it >.>
---
READ THIS!!!
add me as a friend
#19AthenaADP(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2011 1:41:08 AM
Yeah I figure the somewhat dubious name is worth the lulz.

Anyway, I've updated it to v1.3b, which fixes a bug where some bad results were showing up (they didn't actually work).
#20Nexus_NocturnalPosted 6/6/2011 5:51:48 AM
So using Auto-Block Gunlance is cheating but using a program to find and optimize your builds for you isn't? Silly MH community you make me laugh. /troll

Either way, I'll make sure to make use of this fine A.S.S, many props shall be given.
---
Candy that looks like broken glass, or broken glass that looks like candy?
Official Momiji Inubashiri of the Dissidia Duodecim Board