Monster Hunter 4

#11sephiroth1491(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2011 5:18:11 AM
wasn't that a part of a song? i... think i remember one like that
---
PSN: kon-sama1491 / Xtag: sephiroth1491 Full gunlancer
MHFU chars: Gallean, Laharl // MHP3 chars: Kon, Etna // PSPo2 Lillynett Lv120
#12DLOArceusPosted 12/6/2011 5:23:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga1WAHn0dK0

I like them, but Black Yen G Man Spy is the better song, in my opinion.
---
What do i have to do to set the language to English? because my game is in Japanese - joetendo69
Black FC 3439-2226-1376 3DS: 4983-5126-3707
#13sephiroth1491(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2011 5:27:03 AM
ah yes maximum the hormone, i suddenly remembered death note after reading it, awesome anime and manga
---
#14redd530Posted 12/6/2011 5:27:27 AM
DLOArceus posted...

Oh noes~ I can't open Youtube. Curse my lame internet connection. :(
---
"Chu chu lovely muni muni mura mura purin purin boron nururu rerorero"
Number of people who knows what this means: 6
#15Sioneth77Posted 12/6/2011 12:30:32 PM
I thought it was awesome. What's wrong with it?
---
Forever thankful of the people at http://mother3.fobby.net
#16LykanLunatikPosted 12/6/2011 12:37:04 PM
redd530 posted...
sephiroth1491 posted...
DLOArceus posted...
I think that people that judge an entire game which has only ONE video released that doesn't show the main part of the gameplay are idiots.

i think that trailers were supposed to hype the people about something, being movies, video games, etc, and not the opposite effect, see DmC as another example, if one trailer was enough to get this feedback what did they done well?. Im not gonna be a mere conformist and praise it just like that.

^This.

First impressions are important, and if they present me something that horrible, I'd be less interested in that game.

your sig, I know it and love them
---
Eternal Hobby Z: 5 Broken Dreams, 10 Failed School Classes, 0 Girlfriends, 6 Mountain Dew
Gives: MH Skills +3, Virginity +1, Social Life -1, Body Odour [Hi]
#17JackalPosted 12/6/2011 12:40:57 PM
I remember that video looking horrible and being laughable. Bland textures. Bunny hopping. Comically sped up running and climbing animations.

It may be a video made up from recordings of someone playing segments of the game on development gear (PCs) while another person controlled the views and recorded the footage. Much like they do in PC games.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#18KaiserWarriorPosted 12/6/2011 12:55:39 PM
If the dynamic terrain (collapsing pillars and caving roadway) and the whole "Get above the Rathalos to jump onto its back and do some special damage" thing are actually gameplay (and not "Gameplay" like the original Killzone 2 trailer), then I'd say it's got a lot of potential to break the mold on Monster Hunter games into a more dynamic experience, which could be nice.

But I will say that I'm starting to get pretty irked with Capcom switching platforms to dodge the need update their models and textures as time and technology progress. PS2 to PSP seemed a logical step given the game's perfect format for a portable. PSP to Wii smelt a little bit of laziness, especially seeing as the game didn't use Wii controls to any notable degree. Wii to 3DS just smacks of dodging the question, so to speak; they want it on a 'new' handheld but don't want to put it on the handheld that will require that they revamp the graphics to compete in the market.

MH is starting to get to the level of Capcom's fighting games in the 90s where they just kept re-using the same sprites in every game, up to the apex of MvC2 and Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution where the games were a visual mess because of all the recycled sprites from a dozen different previous games.
#19sephiroth1491(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2011 3:55:52 PM
you can already see that, the MH3 gen has a more cartoony look, with better textures but less detail, so imo they are even going backwards. Go equip any tri armor and then equip an armor they didn't change from 2G, like Akantor's and you'll notice.
Same for the weapons, compare the quality of naruga GS and such to naruga SA, i don't really mind that, it doesnt affect gameplay, but its noticeable
---
#20CrystaniaPosted 12/8/2011 10:03:56 PM
redd530 posted...
DLOArceus posted...

Oh noes~ I can't open Youtube. Curse my lame internet connection. :(

Never knew Maximum the Horomone sang songs like that. Good find. Nice signature, though.
---
"My hand is betraying me? No.. its my heart." - Kanon, Wild Arms 2nd Ignition
Patchouli 24 Priest/12 Mage HolicOnline