If you're on the fence...

#1everyglenn17Posted 1/15/2013 9:26:21 PM
I would say buy it. I haven't played too long yet, but if glitches can be avoided this is actually a pretty good game, especially for 13$ on amazon.

Good skill trees, upgrade your stats, combat is ok, 3 characters, gear changes your appearance, a bit of exploration, LotR story.
---
PSN: EveryGlenn17 Mystique Lv 200 Mage (X-Men)
Alt PSN: Warning17 Weapon X Lv 148 Wolvie ranger
#2ElBorak77Posted 1/16/2013 5:27:12 AM
yes it's very good.
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#3Scottie_theNerd(Moderator)Posted 1/16/2013 10:12:07 PM
For that price, yeah, it's worth it. Beyond that, it's poor value for money.
---
http://scottie-thenerd.deviantart.com
www.youtube.com/user/NUSensei - Let's Play LOTR: War in the North on Legendary :)
#4drclaeysPosted 1/17/2013 6:04:08 AM
Friends,

yes for 13 bucks sure. I think I payed 30 and felt kinda robbed at the end. This is one of my ps3 games I have only played once. Not really that much desire to play again. well SOME day, when I totally forget how it looks and feels.

for 13 bucks, sure. for 30, nope.

Thank you for sharing.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#5GradyHooverPosted 1/23/2013 7:37:55 AM
I just recently started learning about this title... it looks kind of similar to Mass Effect/Dragon Age in how you have dialogue choices with various characters, only with hack-n-slash gameplay. Is that remotely accurate?
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#6srepucanePosted 1/25/2013 2:10:23 PM
Dialogue choices don't influence the game. All you get for your choices is alternate responses from who you are talking to but in the end leads to the same final response more or less.
#7Scottie_theNerd(Moderator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:30:36 AM
Dialogue choices simply give more LOTR lore. It has no influence on the way the game plays out.
---
http://scottie-thenerd.deviantart.com
www.youtube.com/user/NUSensei
#8JeremyjjbbPosted 1/29/2013 5:12:42 PM
is the gold that farin mines good for anything other than selling?
#9ElBorak77Posted 1/29/2013 8:12:01 PM
Jeremyjjbb posted...
is the gold that farin mines good for anything other than selling?

no just money. but farin gets in to places where mithril and other things are that no other character can get to.
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#10kriirkPosted 2/28/2013 6:19:52 AM
I initially had to put the game away 10% into first chapter, from how much I disliked the gameplay. Or so I thought.

Problem is that if you charge into enemies the way most action games reward you for, you end up swarmed and stun-locked.

When I picked it up again, I realized that it is actually more of a tactical game of positioning, and not about slicing enemies up as fast as possible.

Since realizing this, the game gone from total garbage to near perfection in my eyes. I find myself loving pretty much everything about it..