black pearl (spoilers)

#1KandaYuuPosted 11/6/2011 1:45:24 AM
that you need for the blacksmith in the dwarf city. Where do I find it?
---
"Without the knowledge of fear, you would never have the pleasure of causing it."
GT: Amatsu Kenjutsu
#2KlarcPosted 11/6/2011 2:43:53 AM
It's a random drop from barrels and such.

-K
#3KandaYuu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2011 8:47:04 AM
what map though?
---
"Without the knowledge of fear, you would never have the pleasure of causing it."
#4otakon2006Posted 11/6/2011 11:49:54 AM
I got it in either Mirkwood or Urgost's Lair myself, I can't remember which though. Just make sure to take it back to him before you beat Urgost's Lair.
#5U82BDumbPosted 11/7/2011 1:30:11 PM
Hi there,

I've been to the web searching for Walk-troughs on this game, seems that few are made yet.

I found this post searching for the same answer (thanks to the heads up here i managed to finish mine :P).

So, about the Location, i can say certainly that is the Mirkwood, as for the box were it is hidden, i don't really know if it is random, but in my case it was on the box at the left side of the Elf lad you have to save.

Hope it is useful information :P.
#6KandaYuu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2011 4:01:42 PM
Mirkwood...thanks for the tip. What reward was offered for this quest?
---
#7johnnycigarPosted 11/7/2011 4:29:13 PM
I believe boxes, crates, and all breakables are all randomly stocked.

I was playing Barrow-Downs and collected some Westenesse side quest items. Then I died and replayed the same area and the Westenesse items weren't in the boxes the next time.

But they appeared randomy later in the level in different boxes.

Seems like it plays as if the side quest item will be SOMEWHERE on a designated map, but it's randomized to encourage full exploration and replayability.
#8U82BDumbPosted 11/8/2011 2:58:25 AM
The reward in my case, was a box, such as those from any other side missions. In it you could choose one from four Elfish Stones...

About the crates, you're probably right johnnycigar, it would seem that a full random positioning system would improve the game replay-ability. Although i think that in this sector, the game looses many points. You can only re/visit the maps while before you have finished the last mission, when done, it all goes back to the stage 0 and all as if you wouldn't know any location in the map.
#9TrueDozenMarksPosted 11/8/2011 12:26:37 PM
Even if the black pearl is random, I remember finding mine just next to the Elf dude you rescue for that side-quest in Mirkwood, as well.