Any games similar to this?

#1xnmzxPosted 11/4/2010 12:12:01 PM
This game is awesome..I cant choose between this or Crimson Gem Saga as my #1 Iphone Rpg.

Ive played and beaten both 100% clocking at about 60hrs each..now im in search of a similar rpg experience for the iphone..any recommendations?

thanks!
#2Master_HapposaiPosted 11/14/2010 3:02:45 PM
If you have have playstation consoles, you should play the Wild Arms series. It's from the same devs and it has a lot of similarities, like the same magic names and puzzles.
#3TangoBunnyPosted 11/17/2010 9:12:41 AM
For iPhone/iPad rpgs, there isn't a whole lot, unfortunately. It's a shame, because 'pick up and play anywhere' JRPGs are perfect! The main reason I don't play more JRPGs is because sitting down at a console 'devoting time' to it, sitting through copyright screens and lengthy videos and loading times, doesn't really appeal to me.

The only two games that come anywhere close for the iPhone that I can think of, are the ports of Phantasy Star 2 and Shining Force by Sega. Unfortunately, they're old MegaDrive ports with 'virtual d-pads' instead of being remade for the touchscreen, so they're kinda blah. There's also Final Fantasy I+II for iPhone, but they're a little dated...
#4Ryumoau23Posted 12/2/2010 8:26:25 AM

For iPhone/iPad rpgs, there isn't a whole lot, unfortunately. It's a shame, because 'pick up and play anywhere' JRPGs are perfect! The main reason I don't play more JRPGs is because sitting down at a console 'devoting time' to it, sitting through copyright screens and lengthy videos and loading times, doesn't really appeal to me.

The only two games that come anywhere close for the iPhone that I can think of, are the ports of Phantasy Star 2 and Shining Force by Sega. Unfortunately, they're old MegaDrive ports with 'virtual d-pads' instead of being remade for the touchscreen, so they're kinda blah. There's also Final Fantasy I+II for iPhone, but they're a little dated...

Will those games you mentioned also play on an Ipod Touch 4g? I just got it yesturday and have been trying to find some good games to get for it.
---
I like videogames, movies, and playing with Boy's feet!!!
"To die without leaving a corpse...that is the TRUE way of the Garo!"
#5drazilicePosted 12/9/2010 4:22:57 PM
i would recommend eternal legacy even though i have not played chaos rings if your into old school turn based style rpgs like final fantasy this will fit in perfectly, the story seems a bit rushed and the voice acting isnt that great and the character models do seem VERY familiar to ff characters but its from gameloft what do you expect? its overall a great game and for 6.99
#6Ryumoau23Posted 12/9/2010 10:28:46 PM

i would recommend eternal legacy even though i have not played chaos rings if your into old school turn based style rpgs like final fantasy this will fit in perfectly, the story seems a bit rushed and the voice acting isnt that great and the character models do seem VERY familiar to ff characters but its from gameloft what do you expect? its overall a great game and for 6.99

yeah, i saw that on app store today. Gameloft seems to make alot of games the ripoff popular franchises. But they aren't that bad. Besides, Eternal Legacy can't possibly be any worse than the last 'real' Final Fantasy game, XIII.
---
#7GreatLordAbsuPosted 12/12/2010 8:10:16 PM
Besides, Eternal Legacy can't possibly be any worse than the last 'real' Final Fantasy game, XIII.

In a way it's better, since -- as a shameless, shameless rip-off -- it doesn't have a legacy to live up to (or a rabid fanbase to appease). :D

Full disclosure? As a long-time FF fan, I like EL better than FFXIII.
#8Ryumoau23Posted 12/12/2010 8:57:13 PM

Besides, Eternal Legacy can't possibly be any worse than the last 'real' Final Fantasy game, XIII.

In a way it's better, since -- as a shameless, shameless rip-off -- it doesn't have a legacy to live up to (or a rabid fanbase to appease). :D

thats good news. I'll start playing it tonight.
---
#9fabuzapPosted 12/22/2010 11:11:15 AM
The Only Absu posted...

that makes the two of us dude... somehow i played eternal legacy through the end in abt 8 hrs and found it much better than ffxiii. the only problem is that its not long enuf, looking forward for EL2!!

as a ff fanboy, i must say that ffxiii is really dissapointing. no subquest, no npe interaction, just dungeon after dungeon... too repetitive imo. the 2 best games in ff franchise are still ff7 and ff tactics. which reminds me, when is square enix ever gonna release tactics for iphone??
#10fabuzapPosted 12/22/2010 6:29:51 PM
oh, and chaos rings is crap... played for 5 mins and uninstalled for gud.