how do we fight against the pirates?

#1jasdfkjPosted 9/18/2010 7:25:38 AM
so it says that i need the guild to issue an assignment before i can fight the pirates? how do i get the guild to do that? do i need to get a higher rank? i think im a travelling merchant now.

any info much appreciated. thks for your help.
#2darth_zaramothPosted 9/21/2010 8:40:52 AM

Once you get to the rank of patrician (max) you will be able to candidate for alderman of the hanseatic league.Once elected,certain tasks will be available for you at any city guild, which will allow you to take out pirate hideouts. Till then get a convoy of 4-5 ships armed and equipped with sailors and hunt down any pirates you see :)

#3fstr2121Posted 9/21/2010 11:35:53 AM
darth_zaramoth posted...

Once you get to the rank of patrician (max) you will be able to candidate for alderman of the hanseatic league.Once elected,certain tasks will be available for you at any city guild, which will allow you to take out pirate hideouts. Till then get a convoy of 4-5 ships armed and equipped with sailors and hunt down any pirates you see :)

Maybe I am a bit slower. But I had the same question, and " hunt down any pirates you see " doesnt really help when the question is how do we fight against the pirates?
#4DquesterPosted 9/22/2010 2:08:18 PM
I started to get the assignments to take out a pirate hideouts once I had the Master Chancellor title.