The spectacularly inevitable 'What features do you want in Conduit 2' thread?

#11nintendomaniacPosted 3/30/2010 3:19:15 PM
BOTS FOR SPLIT-SCREEN

I can't stress this enough.

Also split-screen + online (like Mario Kart Wii) would be cool.
As for a fixed frame-rate, I'd prefer it to be optional. A variable frame-rate is great for future-proofing.
---
Wii Code: 8374-5612-2233-9267
#12psychobrewPosted 3/30/2010 3:27:16 PM

nintendomaniac posted...
BOTS FOR SPLIT-SCREEN

Also split-screen + online (like Mario Kart Wii) would be cool.
As for a fixed frame-rate, I'd prefer it to be optional. A variable frame-rate is great for future-proofing.
---

Bots for online multiplayer too, or "competitive" co-op (i.e. 2v2 with tons of bots on each side instead of 4v tons and tons of bots). Bots really came in handy when Battlefield 1942 came out, and if it would make it feel like there was an actual war going on in multiplayer, that would be sick. 6v6 is fun, but it lacks the insanity of 16 vs 16 or 32 vs 32.

#13RichieGamerPosted 3/30/2010 3:30:00 PM

BOTS FOR SPLIT-SCREEN

Sorry to burst your bubble but Tony himself said that there won't be Local Bots.
http://hvs-network.ning.com/profiles/comment/list?attachedToType=User&attachedTo=2nyjdev0u9tmu

Some destruction. No bots local multiplayer. But there is co-op mode, so the enemies would be considered bots at times.

I second the splitscreen+online thing.
---
~RaLoZ~
#14CelticLink94Posted 3/30/2010 3:33:36 PM
Hmmmm... what I would like to see...

1. Not a bunch of ppl asking for random junk... It's great that HVS listens, but we saw with Grinder that they go back and try to implement things, and the game gets pushed of schedule... I'd like, at the latests, to spend Christmas Day morning destroying people online in this.

Now that that is out of the way, my suggestions haha:
2. IMPROVED ONLINE!!:
Probably the biggest thing for me was the online... can make or break a game as we see, and this broke it for me, I ended up selling TCon1 within six months because I could not bear the glitchers/hackers. Having hotfixes like COD4 would go a long way, and also more beta testing time... I don't know if this is possible, but if a demos disk with just a couple maps could be issued out this summer, that would be great... not just so I could get my hands on this kick-butt content earlier, but also if people notice hackers/glitchers or problems, they can be more constructive with what they would like to see fixed.
3. NO LOCKON:
Probably another biggie for me, I would still buy the game if this was in, but I'd enjoy it much more without. I believe i saw a suggestion for something somewhere where new gamers to the FPS genre could go through multiplayer training with lock-on, but by the time they went online, the game would require them to play without lock-on.
4. BOTS IN SPLITSCREEN:
Not that big a problem for me, as online has severely diminished the need for these. Still, if you want to practice in a level, its much easier to turn on some bots and while away the hours instead of playing ranked matches online... plus, then players could play what they would want.
5. NO VOTING!!!:
this is my other biggie, just thought of it, therefore it being so far down. The voting got really annoying, as you had people voting for the same game type, same weapons, same map all the time. It got really stale and boring after playing my fifth explosives match on streets in a row... please, maybe include a veto system like Halo and COD that would allow people to have a way to avoid maps they really hate, but don't let them spam the same map... I'm not sure if by classes you mean like COD where you have a couple weapons always with you and pick up dropped weapons in-game, but please don't have an explosives set if you keep the voting system from TCon1.
6. OLD MAPS INCLUDED!!:
I really liked the old maps, I would like to see them revamped a little and included with 8-10 new maps in this game... but this is wishful thinking. As long as there are between 6-10 new maps and about 8 playable maps to choose from, I'd be happy.
AND FINALLY....
7. KEEP UP THE WORK!!
A lot of people are quick to berate, but I for one would like to give positive feedback. True, I had my qualms with TCon1 as did many others. But obviously you guys take great stock in fan feedback, and it appears that all of our issues with the first TCon will be addressed in the sequel. As long as the glitches are gone or fixable with hotfixes, and there is some security against hackers and spammers, I would be fine. I like the new approach to SP, and I love the graphics in the game. MotionPlus isn't that big of a deal with me as controls were fantastic, just a few minor tweaks and an enhanced scope and feel, and I'll be playing this game till doomsday
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#15nintendomaniacPosted 3/30/2010 3:41:26 PM
No bots for split-screen? Then my hope is on split-screen + online, since that can sort-of work the same.

COME ON, SPLIT-SCREEN + ONLINE! YAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR

As for the lock-on, I'd prefer if they did it like Metroid Prime 3/Trilogy when you're NOT locked on. If you've ever played the QuakeGX homebrew, it's the same as that (it's Z button function that is)
---
#16The_ShaderPosted 3/30/2010 3:55:55 PM
GET RID OF FRIEND CODES!!!

i REALLY dont want my screen getting crowded while i'm online with others during ANYTHING.

maybe tiny things saying how the others are doing but nothing else please
---
Sparkster returns after 15 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit= 5113-1194-6759 Name= Shader
#17SupahShnipaPosted 3/30/2010 4:02:35 PM

-Longer, better SP Campaign.

-Less of the Corridor Shooting.

-No Weapon voting, weapon loadouts please!!!!

-Hotfixes/Patches to get rid of the glitches.

-Wii-Speak with randoms.

-No more FC's

-Being able to add randoms as friends, or a rival system at the least.

-More MP Maps.

-Better leveling system in MP, with unlockables.

-Better model customization in the MP.

-An actual Sniper Rifle.

-Headset??

-More objective type game modes.

-No more "Marathon" in MP, 20 mins is too much for a Sci-Fi FPS.

-Party System

-Invite System

-Clan Tags

Just the tip of the iceberg.

#1801slayerPosted 4/2/2010 6:57:23 PM
What I would really enjoy, REALLY ENJOY, is a ton of more new hiding spots/shortcuts, etc.

Like in the Complex, jumping on the wall thing to get up on the balcony, or the simple yet effective jump from the one house to the base using the platforms in the Streets. Or even in the Bunker where the opponents hallway let out, you could squeeze yourself in there and surprise others with a shotgun. I just thought those were awesome, and if you're reading this HVS Staff, please do put some cool things like this in the game. I absolutely loved them.
---
The Conduit FC: 4640-6730-3909/3008-7863-1605
Pokemon Heart Gold FC: 4082 7699 2481
#19DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/2/2010 7:45:01 PM
Downloadable updates
Free DLC
USER CREATED CONTENT.

If bots is too much to ask on release, howabout an update for the game later?
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#20DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/2/2010 7:56:30 PM
To clarify, I mean bots in a future update for the game.

Seriously, I play FPS games that have bots from years and years ago, and every new one that comes out without it I just wind up wishing had it in.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.