an honest concern (dont hate guys)...

#1donkeypunch1116Posted 3/31/2010 10:31:16 AM
to be honest, im already kinda wondering if hvs hasnt bitten off more than they can chew with this sequel. the ideal solution for a sequel: fix the things that didnt work. easy stuff.

however, they seem to be adding ALOT of new features to this sequel, to the point that im already questioning as to whether or not they can pull off these MUCH grander ambitions without hitch.

basically, i really dont want a sequel that fixes all of the old problems, yet adds a whole new basket of problems into the mix...

p.s. - no offense to hvs, or even HVSTony for that matter, its just a legitimate concern that i am somewhat having.

---
Modern Warfare Reflex: 3426 0715 8657 tag: PUNCH
#2Aile_WingPosted 3/31/2010 10:40:13 AM
I think that's a completely legit concern, but I have to say that I don't think any one person should be too worried. I mean, heck, for one thing HVS seems to really listen to the players, and I think that they've proven that with their actions. That being said, certain complaints such as grenade spamming and lag and whatnot have been ringing in their ears for a lengthy period of time, so I think that the issues of the first game will be addressed. I think it's just a matter of how many of them are fixed and whether or not the problems have been solved properly.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#3donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2010 10:55:18 AM
^i hope youre right man :)

one of the concerns i am having is with the new "perks" system. it basically adds a ton of new wrinkles to the core gameplay, which is awesome in my opinion. however, it also adds a ton of new balancing issues that wouldnt have been present if they just stuck with tcon 1s mechanics. oh well, guess ill have to wait and see...

---
#4Aile_WingPosted 3/31/2010 11:03:23 AM
I know what you mean, but in the Nintendo Power article when... someone (I can't remember who) was talking about the Phase whatever weapon, it was mentioned that HVS is still balancing it out, so it seems that balance is something that they're focusing on, which is good. Obviously.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#5donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2010 11:11:39 AM
true. i guess its just the fact that the new character upgrades are exciting and worrisome at the same time lol. i can tell already that they are have a ton of stuff to balance out.

---
#6UltimateFlame13Posted 3/31/2010 12:07:37 PM
The new upgrades are a bit of a double edged sword. If they can balance it right it will benefit the game greatly. If they don't it will just be kinda pointless or worst case scenario it will hurt the gameplay.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Waiting for Lost Planet 2, Brink, Civ V, SC2
#7articshardPosted 3/31/2010 12:44:21 PM
i honestly dont mind whether or not there is any upgrades at all. dont get me wrong, i love upgrades that can accomodate personal style. but if they do put this aspect in there, they may want a level based system for the only (ex: lvls 1-5, 5-10, 10-15, etc....). other wise the newer players will be bogged down by the people with more upgrades and the people with more upgrades will continue to get stronger
---
i need diablo 3 and i need it now, oh yeah and Civ V