MWR is still better

#21LigersRulePosted 4/2/2010 8:38:06 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it in development for almost two years?

You are correct, but at the same time your not. With The Conduit, HVS also built their own engine, ground up, specifically for the Wii. Probably 3/4 of the time was on the Quantum 3 engine. Now that they have it built (and upgraded from the version running The Conduit), they should be able to churn out a much better game this time around.
---
The Conduit: 4726-6351-9612 Name: Sychs
#22VermineaterPosted 4/2/2010 8:39:16 AM

To whoever said that The Conduit "didn't have enough time in the oven", I loled.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it in development for almost two years?

Well, for what they were trying to do, it wasn't enough. This is a smaller, less skilled dev team trying to make a name for themselves. (At least in comparison to Infinity Ward, Neversoft, and the likes)

Also,

Conduit 2 looks to be the best ****ing Wii shooter (hype). A review for Conduit i read a long time ago said "This game precedes and sets foundation for a truly incredible masterpiece."

At least you mark it as hype, and I agree this game could be the best wii shooter, but could also fail. Only time will tell.
---
VE - Stuff makes me raeg! D:<
Now Playing: Pokemon: HeartGold, UT2K4, stuff
#23The_ShaderPosted 4/2/2010 11:01:11 AM
MWR failed for not having Wii Speak (this REALLY pissed me off)

Almost everyone who read about Tcon knows that it didn't get much Dev time, because most of it was used on Quantum 3, which is still getting better to this day. Now Dev time fully on Tcon, with coding already done on character models, levels, online, and weapons.... Theres only improvement from here on out.

Conduit 2 can become two thhngs....

- The ideal Shooter for Wii that'll become an iconic game for future shooters using Wiimote (or other) to follow.

- Or just an even better Conduit, with overall better gameplay elements. Still the ideal Wii shooter, but not so ideal for other console shooters.

(i said this without hype. pure estimation right there.)
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit= 5113-1194-6759 Name= Shader
#24VermineaterPosted 4/3/2010 4:38:47 AM

Conduit 2 can become two thhngs....

- The ideal Shooter for Wii that'll become an iconic game for future shooters using Wiimote (or other) to follow.

- Or just an even better Conduit, with overall better gameplay elements. Still the ideal Wii shooter, but not so ideal for other console shooters.

(i said this without hype. pure estimation right there.)

The idea of The Conduit 1 was the ideal Wii shooter. And, as stated before, no matter how likely it is to be even better, just one major bug, glitch, or overall laziness could make us be disappointed. Good luck, HVS. ^_^
---
VE - Stuff makes me raeg! D:<
Now Playing: Pokemon: HeartGold, UT2K4, stuff
#25undercover_jerkPosted 4/3/2010 11:15:59 AM
well I can see Tcon 2 having alot of potential if they make it evrything that fails on Tcon 1. as of now I still think MWR is the best fps you can get W@W is ok but it has to much of the game content sacrificed I just not as good as MWR and hackers in Tcon 1 pisses me of
#26sovrcatPosted 4/3/2010 3:47:28 PM

to that "Thats why your still a kid" guy. FORCED MEME IS FORCED. NOTHING WILL EVER BEAT UMAD!

#27The_ShaderPosted 4/3/2010 3:58:04 PM
'ideal shooter' is what WE said. not HVS. back then they were just bragging about Quantum 3, which they totally had the right to.

They made a whole new badass engine, and are still improving upon it to this day. So they can be Lazy. As for glitches.... even high budget games get glitches (MW2) so.... i dont know about that. MWR got hacked day 1 too....

alkali i'm saying.... is what i said before, nothing left but overall improvement. Tcon 1 set the foundation for a badass game, for that i love Tcon as an awesome IP.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit= 5113-1194-6759 Name= Shader
#28Synd_DromePosted 4/3/2010 5:33:25 PM
Lolwtf... all we have are 3 screen shots...
---
COD MWR FC: 5281 1061 2587
#29RatchetGUrlPosted 4/4/2010 9:29:07 AM
I'm sick of MWR, give me aliens and blab guns. Plus High Voltage is a much smaller company. the fact that some people say it measures up to MWR is big, Consider some people will buy the game just for it name.