New Q&A

#1UltimateFlame13Posted 3/31/2010 3:38:19 PM
http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/03/31/conduit-2-officially-announced-new-info-new-screens-sweepstakes-and-dev-qa/

I haven't read all of it myself yet, but I didn't see anyone post this so...enjoy i guess.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Waiting for Lost Planet 2, Brink, Civ V, SC2
#2SupahShnipaPosted 3/31/2010 3:40:38 PM

"A class system is in place where you can set distinct weapon load-outs to include suit upgrades (perks). Weapon sets are a thing of the past. We've added a sprint button. Teammates can be revived. In addition to the level rank and ELO matchmaking systems, we have an additional currency system that lets you purchase upgrades, be they weapon and suit upgrades, or different armor pieces to customize your character's look."

=)

#3UltimateFlame13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2010 3:43:39 PM
Please tell us something about the multiplayer features of Conduit 2 – we’ve heard they rock. Is this true?

[JO] It is true. They rock. We have bi-weekly company multiplayer sessions – moving forward with the foundation we laid with TC1 was great in that multiplayer worked from Day 1 of development – which has allowed us to iterate and test a lot of new things…as well as shooting our company management in the face. New weapons, maps, and game modes are no-brainers – but we’ve additionally spent a lot of extra attention on making the experience more rewarding and nuanced for players. A class system is in place where you can set distinct weapon load-outs to include suit upgrades (perks). Weapon sets are a thing of the past. We’ve added a sprint button. Teammates can be revived. In addition to the level rank and ELO matchmaking systems, we have an additional currency system that lets you purchase upgrades, be they weapon and suit upgrades, or different armor pieces to customize your character’s look. On the art front, we’ve more fully embraced the sci-fi, and have a lot more variety in our environments. TC1 multiplayer was a lot fun – but a bit basic. We’re changing that with Conduit 2.

this is the most interesting question :) So it sounds like they're going CoD style where you can pick weapons and perks to start the match with. I'm confused about the reviving thing, do players not respawn normally...or is there an opportunity to revive them before they fully die? :\
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
#4RichieGamerPosted 3/31/2010 3:44:06 PM
Thanks bud, this game is looking really good, but I don't wanna get too hyped :/
---
~RaLoZ~
#5JarinmackPosted 3/31/2010 3:44:49 PM
You can revive teamates? You can buy online upgrades? Awsome!
---
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: CASAKI
Offical Creater of The Conduit 2 board.
#6UltimateFlame13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2010 3:47:11 PM

Thanks bud, this game is looking really good, but I don't wanna get too hyped :/

yeah i know what you mean :\. All this sounds interesting and cool, but I'm more interested in seeing what the final game play will look like later this year.
---
#7The_ShaderPosted 3/31/2010 4:08:34 PM
excellent, more health (Tcon 1) gave room for error on a players part. So you REALLY had to get those set amount of headshots in QUICKLY if you wanted to survive and make a kill in the process. But now theres revival?

.... this may very well get insane in the membranes people....
---
Sparkster returns after 15 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit= 5113-1194-6759 Name= Shader