Create Perks you want for this game

#1_Kidlat_Posted 4/1/2010 8:26:01 AM
It had been confirmed that there will be suit upgrades (essentially perks) that you can attach to your character for special abilities. For example there is a Robotic Legs perk that allows you to sprint for longer distances than normal.

Here are some from Call of Duty that make sense:

Stopping Power (extra bullet damage)
Juggernaut (extra health)
Sleight of Hand (reload faster)
Double Tap (fire faster)
Overkill (spawn with two primaries)
Steady Aim (tighter bullet spread)
Scavenger (pick up ammo from dead enemies)
Danger Close (increased frag damage)
Cold Blooded (Invisible on radar)
Commando (longer melee range)

Remember not to make them overpowered. Just think of a simple facet of the game that you would want to modify.

Here are my two examples:

Lockjaw (prevents the enemy from using lock-on on you)
Quick Swap (switch weapons faster)

---
{Tamaan ka sana ng kidlat}
MWR: 4893-7948-2427 The Conduit: 2836-7869-1737
#2Cleon3600Posted 4/1/2010 8:32:58 AM
Mirror sunglasses(Gives the same effect as a flashbomb when enemies are too close)
Force-resistant boots(Lowers rocket splash damage)
Backpack(Lets you carry more ammo and grenades)

Wait, so you don't actually see the robotic legs on the person?
---
Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie.
Tatsunoko vs Capcom [1290-9694-2868] - Zelgius
#3Tony90908Posted 4/1/2010 8:44:25 AM
Why put perks or lock-on in this game even? I for one would like this game to not have perks and keep it plain like some shooters do.
---
TKO Tony
PSN:FrostedFlakes141
#4incognito3Posted 4/1/2010 8:44:59 AM
Shoot through walls (xD)
Camoflauge (Hard to see when u are standing still)
Bionic legs2 (Jump higher)
Last stand (pull out a weak pistol when you die and stay alive for a bit)
Engineer (Can repair turrets)
Comunication (Call in a helicopter after 5-7 kill streak)
(forgot the name) (No falling damage)
Pyro (Gets a flame thrower)
Thats all i got for now.
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official hammer user.
Call me Incognito, Incognito3, Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please. Inb4perksareftw
#5LilroscoPosted 4/1/2010 8:57:11 AM
Wait a minute, not to bash on the ideas of perks but alot of them are copies of perks in CoD. Most of the people on this board are alot more creative than this.
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.
#6RichieGamerPosted 4/1/2010 9:00:48 AM
Lol at the helicopter
#7psychobrewPosted 4/1/2010 9:05:18 AM
I want to see some unique perks.....

Invisibility -- limited time before needing a long but automatic recharge. You can't shoot while invisible or for 3 seconds afterward and/or automatically show up on enemy radar. You can still be killed when invisible, but you are unable to kill anyone.

Jet Pack -- flights last for a limited time before needing automatic recharge.

Reduced damage from specific weapon types (i.e. laser, plasma, bullets, explosives). Not as powerful as a force field, but no need for recharging as the effect is permanent. You are given a certain amount of points that you can assign to any number of weapon types. Distributing points to all weapon types will give you a small amount of protection from each type, or assigning all points to one weapon type to give yourself a significant (50% or so) reduction for that weapon type.

Proximity Radar (see all enemies near your location)

Radar Jammer -- self explanatory

Master of Time and Space -- harder for enemies to hit you, i.e., The Matrix. Only works when facing the enemy/enemies shooting at you and your aim suffers while you're dodging bullets.

Robotic Legs (already included)

Force Field -- self explanatory, lasts a limited amount of time before requiring an automatic, self recharge. Can only take a certain amount of damage before requiring an automatic, self recharge)

Weapon Mastery -- more of a skill that gets better with experience. The more you use a weapon, the more damage each shot causes.

Chameleon -- your suit blends in with the surroundings when standing still for three seconds, making it harder for enemies to see you. Effect is lost when moving or shooting. Not as powerful as invisibility, but no need for recharging and effect has no time limit as long as you don't move.
#8Cleon3600Posted 4/1/2010 9:11:14 AM
Scary shoulderpads(Gives you the ability to tackle other people to stun them for a couple of seconds)
Dualboom(Let's you double wield 2 different explosives, but great reduces health and speed0)
Feignkit( Hold the reload button for 3 seconds to feign death. You regenerate your heath twice as fast and you don't appear on the radar)
---
Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie.
Tatsunoko vs Capcom [1290-9694-2868] - Zelgius
#9nightfire0013Posted 4/1/2010 9:15:48 AM
Jetpack (Lets you jump again in mid-air?)
Rocket Fist - (Fires your fist at an enemy. You're unable to use any guns when detached though)

Who needs guns when you can throw your fist? long range melee ftw. >___>
---
"This topic shows that trolls are not welcome here. Any trolls entering this place will be pwnzured with the utmost brutality." ~ The_Shader
#10nightfire0013Posted 4/1/2010 9:18:10 AM
Never mind the jetpack, psycho's is better. <o<
---
"This topic shows that trolls are not welcome here. Any trolls entering this place will be pwnzured with the utmost brutality." ~ The_Shader