A little more multiplayer info

#11UltimateFlame13Posted 4/1/2010 2:51:13 PM

Did they finally do away with lockon? Or at least add an option to keep it out of your own rooms?

Because all this will mean jack and **** if the game is fundamentally flawed.

we don't know yet :\. There hasn't been any lock on in the screen shots so hopefully it won't be back.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Waiting for Lost Planet 2, Brink, Civ V, SC2
#12DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/1/2010 2:54:54 PM
If it doesn't, and it's basically the same game with splitscreen and the features mentioned, it'd probably be the outright best FPS on the console without compare.
But even if it makes good on everything else, lock on would kill the whole thing...
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#13The_ShaderPosted 4/1/2010 2:55:47 PM
new compilation, check now.

Darkwhatever, you sound like someone who died often and blamed it all on lockon.

just sayin' :/
---
Sparkster returns after 15 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit= 5113-1194-6759 Name= Shader
#14guttertalk(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2010 3:21:08 PM
I'm not a great player, but I never used lock-on because, when I did use it, it helped some but not that much. I don't think it came close to evening the field, but maybe I wasn't take full advantage of it.

I know this was a great topic before TCon, and I was one of the ones arguing that it wasn't going to do what some claimed. But, while it did more than I thought, I don't think it had that big of an impact. Given the complaints about cheaters, who's say to what was the fault of lock-on.

Did anyone else use it and find that it greatly cheapened the game?
#15DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/1/2010 3:33:19 PM
When I realised they'd included it in multiplayer, I used it for a couple matches, and everything just stopped being any fun. It does make things too damn easy. Press one button, hold another down, and congrats, you win.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#16LilroscoPosted 4/1/2010 3:37:19 PM
^^ I still don't get it. With lock-on you still have to aim and you see if your shots have any effect on your target. Also it becomes very useful against people who jump alot and I mean ALOT.
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.
#17LilroscoPosted 4/1/2010 3:38:48 PM
Too add before I get flamed, if it is in the sequel I hope it gets numb down a bit to see health and whatnot.
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.
#18DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/1/2010 4:16:05 PM
You barely have to aim, and the whole point of JUMPING is to make you harder to HIT.
Do you not get it? It made it so it doesn't actually require any effort or skill to hit something, so anyone wanting to actually get good at the game, and have a nice, fun, competitive environment got the shaft because any idiot could play it.
---
#19SupahShnipaPosted 4/1/2010 4:31:14 PM
Lock on ruined the game before Hackers or Glitchers. No Skill Required.

Don't say I got killed a lot because I had over a 2-1 KDR, so I was decent.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa