If Lock-On returns...

#11articshardPosted 4/1/2010 4:10:33 PM
i agree about the lock on feature. its useful for the inexperienced but its annoying for us vets
---
i need diablo 3 and i need it now, oh yeah and Civ V
#12MicroOmegaManPosted 4/5/2010 9:59:40 PM
I disagree. Lock-on is what makes The Conduit more fun than it would be; opponents go down faster, and you get immediate results if you're hitting them or not.

My suggestions:
If you're going to take out lock-on, make sure opponents can still be felled just as fast to keep the frenetic feeling. People like it when everything happens quickly.
If you're going to take out lock-on, keep the visible health gauge function (just make the button activate that, instead).

If you're going to keep lock-on, get rid of auto centering to stop the use of the exploit.

I would support the idea of being able to turn lock-on off and on, except I know that everyone would always choose to turn it off, just like they do with radars when games have those. Having lobbies like Heroes 2 would be a nice alternative, since you could choose to join games with the functions you prefer on or off.
---
If the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer; if the game gets a bad score, bash the game. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams
#13mode333Posted 4/6/2010 12:48:59 AM
i was meh about lock-on.
i used it cause everyone else did...but i don't think it ruined the game.

hacks,glitches,etc ruined THE GAME
lock-on should return but there should be game modes without it so the whiners can shut up and whine about something else.

hopefully HVS uses playlists this time.
---
Ps3/Wii owner
PSN: mode334
#14MarsulasPosted 4/6/2010 1:25:54 AM
I really don't care either way. This time i'm going to wait about a month and see how the online is going before I decide to jump in on this game.
---
The Conduit FC: 1419-4556-2033
SSBB FC:3823-8375-3970
#15nintendomaniacPosted 4/6/2010 12:53:51 PM
They just need to make it like in Metroid Prime 3 when you're NOT locked on, and then I think we'd all be happy.
---
Wii Code: 8374-5612-2233-9267
#16sunfalcon9Posted 4/6/2010 1:02:19 PM
I reached rank 18 without lock-on
<_<
---
Kirbeh
#17SupahShnipa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2010 2:29:13 PM
"I reached rank 18 without lock-on"

It's an XP based system, use can reach the Max level using only Melee...
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#18liberalePosted 4/6/2010 4:01:35 PM
The lock-on was so-so for me; I didn't mind it. I think, though, that there should still be lock-on, but it doesn't move the camera all too much. Only very slightly, enough to cancel out the exploit.
---
Currently playing: Modern Warfare 2 (360), Borderlands, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Guild Wars
#19DrascalKillerPosted 4/6/2010 5:46:19 PM
If it returns, they should only let it lock on in very close quarters situations. It helped out a ton with melee attacks, but it was kind of annoying that people could kill me easily without even aiming.
---
"I've been practicing this trick where I drink 10 beers and let you do whatever you want to me, and I'm getting really good at it."
#20SupahShnipa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2010 6:03:36 PM
"I disagree. Lock-on is what makes The Conduit more fun than it would be; opponents go down faster, and you get immediate results if you're hitting them or not."

You're basically proving my point about making the game take less skill.

"you get immediate results if you're hitting them OR NOT."

lolwut?
If you mean Lock-On reduced lag, your hella wrong.

---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa