My unique mode that can fit in this game!!! HVS TONY, read this!!!!

#31Valdimir_DregaPosted 4/10/2010 2:51:22 PM
I would definitely like a mode like this. I'm not sure that HVS is allowed to let us have Wii Speak with strangers though, as per Nintendo's terms and conditions. I agree with the characters in-game calling for help as an alternative.

Perhaps HVS could implement some sort of system that allows you to send preset text messages to your teammates while incapacitated. Although I would recommend a time limit between messages to avoid spamming the HUD. In addition, an option to scan for lurking enemies would be good for mixing up strategy. Maybe they could add that as an "Upgrade" to your loadout customization for that purpose.

Snipers with the Phase Rifle would complicate this mode greatly though... :S

Looks like we need some manner of proximity X-Ray scope jamming "upgrade" as well. >:)
---
Check out High Voltage Software's new project, "The Grinder." Coming Haloween 2011 to Wii, 360, PS3, and PC
#32DemonZangetsuPosted 4/10/2010 5:15:06 PM

papercup posted...
I can't be the only one who thought of Ender's Game while reading this. >.>
---
...*stabs j00* Number of stabs: 1006
The Conduit FC: 1333-5480-2178

I was going to ask what this had to do with Ender's Game, but then I remembered the training room. Yeah, this would be a great mode.

#33paranoid71Posted 4/10/2010 5:27:03 PM
Sounds awesome. ;D
---
Ever listened to K-Billy's Super Sounds of the 70's?
The Official Troll of the Conduit 2 Board
#34Iceman222Posted 4/10/2010 7:13:18 PM
My strategy would be run out in the middle of a big open area and-
owait
---
AC:CF Iceman@Darkice 2621-6163-6380
http://www.youtube.com/user/rediceman222 helpful Conduit tips and matches
#35SupahShnipaPosted 4/10/2010 8:48:36 PM
Now that I think about it, It would be a camper-fest. Plus, when someone gets shot they will Rage Quit.

---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#36HVSTony(VIP)Posted 4/11/2010 12:01:18 AM
Cool idea but a majority of players absolutely HATE to be frozen in space when they still have camera control. Its a design thing. I even hate in TF2 when you start but you cant move for 5 seconds (and that's only 5 seconds)

-Tony
#3719Ace93Posted 4/11/2010 12:15:51 AM
^ Very true sir, very true.
Imagine my frustration when I had to sit 15 minutes to join in a game that would allow me to spawn in only "15 seconds". Yeah, overtime really got me that time. The best part was that the game kept stringing me along. haha

Oh, and I wanted to personally thank you for being here, on this board with the fans. It really says a lot about HVS (or maybe just you, I'm not sure.)

-ACE
#38VermineaterPosted 4/11/2010 4:37:19 AM

Oh, and I wanted to personally thank you for being here, on this board with the fans. It really says a lot about HVS (or maybe just you, I'm not sure.)

Agreed. It's good to have an active communicator from the company of the game. In fact, if more companies did it, they could get positive feedback and decide if they want to implement fans wishes.

This community is filled with debates of awesome-ness, as well as haters. It's a perfect place to see what went wrong/what people are giving props.
---
VE - Stuff makes me raeg! D:<
Now Playing: Pokemon: HeartGold, UT2K4, stuff
#39naruto3336(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2010 7:55:31 AM

HVSTony posted...
Cool idea but a majority of players absolutely HATE to be frozen in space when they still have camera control. Its a design thing. I even hate in TF2 when you start but you cant move for 5 seconds (and that's only 5 seconds)

-Tony

Actually I proposed a solution this already. The player when shot down, can be given quite a few things to do. Communicating with team mates is the first. Sending smoke signals with grenades, or using the ASE to give your location to other team mates so they can see where you are on the map. Players can also use their ASE to blind or stun the person that has just shot them down depending on how close they are to you. There has to be a limit to how many times you can do this(preferably once). It is really up to you guys to be creative and think of many other things that the shot down person can do. (Perhaps crazy and random movements(like in Uncharted 2 co-op) as a fun thing to do?)