So...how are this making this game so fast?

#1IcyBlaze_XZPosted 4/1/2010 6:10:47 PM
It's hard to believe they're able to implement so many changes and make the game so much better...when they're only taking a year to work on this game.

What other AAA FPS series can spit out a sequel that fast, let alone spit out a critically successful one (keep in mind the CoD games trade off developers every year).

Not to mention the fact that they're already spreading themselves thin making 3 or 4 games at once.

I'm not knocking them...apparently they figured out some secret to speedy game development that no other dev has a grasp on, I'm just wondering how they do it, or just how much they really are changing given the time constraints.
---
XBL: i ninjablaz3 i, PSN: IcyBlazeNinja,
Wii FC: Too lazy too look up. Just ask.
#2thezachsterPosted 4/1/2010 6:12:43 PM
well they already have lots of the components made from working on previous games. Most of HVS has experience with lots of PC games to start. Second they already perfected the Quantum engine, so it's really just graphics and gameplay. Once this sold 300k they started the second. It says this year Q3 but im expecting Q1 2011 tbh
---
Zach- TPC Leader............GI~Zach- Mwii- 2315-6210-4899
TCon-4554-7727-9847 Proud golden shotty/sniper owner
#3xplayer55Posted 4/1/2010 6:16:45 PM
1 year.. is what most games usually take and plus like^ he said.. HVS has plenty of experience and taking many of the features in TCON1 to TCON2 all they have then to add are the cool extras/graphics/mechanics
---
Trying to tell a noob to leave would be like trying to tell an Atheist that God exists, it can't be done..
--Currently playing: Pokemon Heart Gold--
#4IcyBlaze_XZ(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2010 6:19:05 PM
OK, I realize they already had the engine built, and started the second the other game was finished, but plenty of devs do that.

And what AAA FPS sequel took only a year to make?
---
#5xplayer55Posted 4/1/2010 6:22:56 PM
I didn't say AAA FPS, I said 'other games'
Meaning ANY GAME if I did not make that clear.
---
Trying to tell a noob to leave would be like trying to tell an Atheist that God exists, it can't be done..
--Currently playing: Pokemon Heart Gold--
#6nogaemsPosted 4/1/2010 6:39:52 PM
tl;dr of what I was about to post: HVS should shoot for an AAA title, but since gamers these days expect companies to churn out epics every year, they meet them half way by releasing good-average games every year instead of focusing on one game. That's the way I, someone who doesn't work in a gaming company, sees it at least.
---
Time for male modeling!
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6783/1269474108518.jpg
#7nogaemsPosted 4/1/2010 6:41:07 PM
Also: So...how are they making this game so fast?

Because I'm an ass.
---
Time for male modeling!
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6783/1269474108518.jpg
#8IcyBlaze_XZ(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2010 6:46:15 PM
lol

I didn't even notice that, and I swore I read over the topic title ten times.

Oh well, too bad you can't edit posts.
---
#9SupahShnipaPosted 4/1/2010 7:16:18 PM
It's not that hard to believe actually, most of the time and money spent on the original was on Q3. It's easy to build directly off the original and tweak/optimize the engine at the same time.

---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#10TidusofFFXPosted 4/1/2010 7:38:31 PM
TCON1 was just a HVS Test rite? maybe they started 2 make it after TCON1 or idk just sayin...

---
y so serious?