A few questions that I hope you might be able to answer, Tony (or any other HVS)

#1CoelarapaimaPosted 4/1/2010 6:14:33 PM
First off, I think this will be much much better then the first game! I would also like to ask a few questions: (more directed to Tony)

I'm going to try to ask questions that you'll actually be aloud to answer to answer :P 1: I noticed in some of the pics, the people look shiny and un-colorful, is this due to textures not being put in?
2: I also noticed some cool different styles of characters (models), I assume that it has something to do with the story, and will we be able to use those?
3: I also noticed there was a lot more atmosphere in the pictures of those ruins of some sort, I think this is a great thing! Are there more stages like this?
4: Will the plot have many hidden/reffrences to real life speculations (The Annunaki/Nibiru, 2012[I noticed the first game takes place sometime after October 2012 by looking at a poster])?
5: Will the plot have any cool twists :P?
6: Are the glitches in the first game (weapon mix/spawn glitch/flying)?
7: By deep customization, does it mean customizing our models will be more in depth along with controls and stuff?
8: Do you think that the game will be A LOT better then the first one :)?
#2Pit107Posted 4/1/2010 6:16:00 PM
Came in expecting a few questions. Felt lied to. Needless to say, was disappoint.
---
"Beat ROCKS"? It's not like he's some boss that'll die if you find his weak point and attack it.-DocEggmanNega
#3articshardPosted 4/1/2010 6:53:38 PM
this might help answer a few of you questions

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=991817&topic=54182747

---
i need diablo 3 and i need it now, oh yeah and Civ V
#4Aile_WingPosted 4/1/2010 8:24:22 PM
I'm not an HVS employee, but I might be able to answer some of your questions.

Coelarapaima:
1: I noticed in some of the pics, the people look shiny and un-colorful, is this due to textures not being put in?

The game is in pre-alpha right now. If you're worried about textures, don't be. As for the armor looking shiny, I assume that's just the new style of armor now. There could be a matte version, but I'm just speculating.

2: I also noticed some cool different styles of characters (models), I assume that it has something to do with the story, and will we be able to use those?

Although there are different character models, a lot of them are actually the same. The differences come from the armor being modular. That means that pieces of armor are mixed to create "different" characters. This does not affect the defensive capabilities of the character. Modular armor is also used in multiplayer.

7: By deep customization, does it mean customizing our models will be more in depth along with controls and stuff?

I already explained the modular armor. As for control customization, expect at least the same amount of customization as the first. I would assume there is some more, but I'm just speculating. For multiplayer, there are now perks in the game as well as spawning with (what seems to be) any weapon. Weapon sets are gone.

The link that articshard posted has other good information if you have not yet read it.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)