Post SUIT UPGRADE ideas here

#21UltimateFlame13Posted 4/2/2010 8:43:53 PM

i'm trying to balance it out.

1. your a 'friendly' to their stuff, but they're still enemies to you. it should be easy to have your back NEVER facing them.

2. There has to be something really bad about it, so that its not spammed or something.

I see what you mean, but if you tip it too far then it goes from overpowered to underpowered. It would already have negatives even without it being explosive. If it made you appear as an ally physically as well I would agree with the explosive part, but the way we have it typed out if anyone catches sight of you it's like you don't have the upgrade at all. Even worse if the person that spots you has a different primary than you that helps them in combat than they have an obvious advantage.

Keep in mind not having access to other primary upgrades is a negative as well. Would you go for an upgrade that can prevent you from being detected by tech but can get you killed if someone comes at you from a bad angle, or would you go for one with an equally beneficial perk in other situations without such destructive negatives? It's often decisions like that which will cause something potentially useful to go underused.

.... i just realised... what if a whole teamed used it?

that's a good point lol.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Waiting for Lost Planet 2, Brink, Civ V, SC2
#22UltimateFlame13Posted 4/2/2010 8:55:20 PM

or would you go for one with an equally beneficial perk in other situations without such destructive negatives?

my bad, didn't mean to say perk there. Kind of a habit i guess.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Waiting for Lost Planet 2, Brink, Civ V, SC2
#23FPS1337Posted 4/2/2010 10:02:44 PM
Secondary-Robotic hands-Faster Reloading
Secondary-Knife-Melee with a knife thats increases melee damage (not a one hit kill though)
Primary-FMJ-Stronger Bullet penetration that has more damage with bullets.
Primary-Extreme charged ammo- increased plasma charge that increases plasma damage.
Primary-incendiary ammo- flaming Drudge weapon ammo that increases drudge weapon damage. Secondary-Extended Mags-Larger weapon clip
Secondary-Robotic Arms-increases accuracy
Primary-Duel Robotic arms-Able to duel wield pistols and SMGs
Secondary-ACOG scope-Can scope in with a 4x zoom on all assault rifle (human, trust or alien)
Secondary-Red dot scope-Can scope in with a red dot scope with SMGs or Pistols
Secondary-Enhanced earpiece-Nearby enemy steps are louder to hear
Primary-Medical pack-increased regeneration
Primary-Bomb squad armour-Reduces enemy grenade and explosive damage
Secondary-Energy absorber-Reduces enemy charge shot damage
Primary-Melee Jacket-Reduces enemy melee damage
Primary-Bullet proof vest-slight protection against enemy bullets
Primary-Shock absorber-slight protection against enemy plasma weapons
Primary-Fire proof vest-Protects against high heat drudge weapons
#24_Kidlat_Posted 4/2/2010 10:22:07 PM
These are essentially perks with a different name......
---
{Tamaan ka sana ng kidlat}
MWR: 4893-7948-2427 The Conduit: 2836-7869-1737
#25The_ShaderPosted 4/2/2010 11:50:41 PM
ok.... heres a reminder for anyone who may have forgotten.
IIRC....
Halo:
Sold ammo deals more damage against flesh, less against Shields.
Plasma ammo destroys shields quicker, but damages flesh less.
A rock, papers, scissors thing if you will. (it might be vice versa though, its been a LONG time. and i'm not knowledgeable with Halo.)

CoD:
Has perk's in place to offer different tactics, but never new ways to play the game. So theres a perk for this, that usually counters another perk.

(i mentioned these so that people know what to avoid, and keep thinking 'unique')

And from what Tcon 2 is trying to achieve.... Character Upgrades that also cosmetically change the look of your character.

Gameplay is still essentially the same, and the guys at HVS are just trying to add content without changing how you play the game.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit= 5113-1194-6759 Name= Shader
#26Real_ZeroPosted 4/3/2010 3:36:28 PM
Secondary - Sunglasses - Look like a goddamn <u>BADASS</u>

fix'd
#27Real_ZeroPosted 4/3/2010 3:38:27 PM
... why did the underline tags fail. :I

Gamefaqs seriously needs an edit button.
#28articshardPosted 4/3/2010 4:40:39 PM
Ion Battery- over charges the suit. essentially overclocks the suit in every aspect. faster walk/run, reload, higher jump, a bit stronger melee. no increased damage with weapons, and no extra damage resistance. could be used in emergency situations, or an ambush. (could also impair you if your not used to the speed.)

---
i need diablo 3 and i need it now, oh yeah and Civ V
#29The_ShaderPosted 4/3/2010 4:46:53 PM
^ love it. sounds like a run tactic, or a means to bring a long range fight to CQC, or vice versa.

To keep from spamming, you move a little slow after usage. (like the Suit's gotta cool down from overheating or something)
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit= 5113-1194-6759 Name= Shader
#30articshardPosted 4/3/2010 7:11:41 PM
crap i forgot to add in the cool down time when i was typing it lol. but yeah i completely agree
---
i need diablo 3 and i need it now, oh yeah and Civ V