Well, this made MY day.

#1Real_ZeroPosted 4/3/2010 3:32:44 PM
Maybe I'm just being nostalgic, but the conduit was probably my favorite FPS since perfect dark and goldeneye on the N64. I mean, I went back and played them again after playing conduit for a while, and you know what? Conduits single player really holds up. It's not a magical cinematic experience like CoD or Halo, but it's pretty solid gameplay, and... you can't really say that about CoD and Halo's single player.

Halo and CoD are all well and good, but for some reason they just don't bring back fond memories of my wasted childhood.

So yeah, I'm really looking forward to this. :D
#2ammartin08Posted 4/3/2010 3:39:04 PM

It's not a magical cinematic experience like CoD or Halo

If you ask me, Call of Duty is no cinematic experience. Modern Warfare 2's story was trash - a flashy compilation of demos for your multiplayer (boo) and spec-ops (yay) experiences.
---
PSN - scrumtrelescent7
#3papercupPosted 4/3/2010 3:40:02 PM
Co-op spec ops was a ****Ing blast.

---
...*stabs j00* Number of stabs: 1007
The Conduit FC: 1333-5480-2178
#4Real_Zero(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2010 3:41:14 PM
That's what I mean by magical and cinematic.

Explosions, cutscenes, quick time events... and not a whole lot of game.
#5ammartin08Posted 4/3/2010 3:41:56 PM
But on topic, yes, the original did remind me of my days lobbing N-bombs at my brother and fighting 8 Dark Kaze sims with with Superdragons, and I look forward to this game, as well, so long as they don't overhaul their multiplayer too much.
---
PSN - scrumtrelescent7
#6ammartin08Posted 4/3/2010 3:48:05 PM

Co-op spec ops was a ****Ing blast.

Which is why local multiplayer needs to make a comeback! It still can't be topped! One of my favorites was Evasion - running through a snowy forest with silenced sniper rifles.. gosh, it was so fun.

Explosions, cutscenes, quick time events... and not a whole lot of game.

It had plenty of money thrown at it, that's for sure.
---
PSN - scrumtrelescent7
#7The_ShaderPosted 4/3/2010 3:51:35 PM
CoD .... well, i never played the story in MW, i just went straight to the MP.

i played the Story for MW2 though, the ending makes me think of The Conduit's ending...

Halo.... never played the first or second, went straight for the 3rd. THEN my friend made me play the first 2.... honestly, i didn't understand what was so great. i MUCH prefer Turok then Halo. i love 'Seeds of Evil' ....

Halo: Reach makes me think of Duke Nukem though. Cuz of the jet packs. Which is a HUGE thumbs up for me.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit= 5113-1194-6759 Name= Shader