Conduit 2 SHOULD NOT BE UT/Quake/whatever

#1CelticLink94Posted 4/4/2010 8:08:22 PM
I'm getting sick of some of you whining because HVS wants weapon loadouts and perks. You all say why make the game like CoD? I say why make the game like UT/Quake, as those seem to be the only games you insist on referencing? Why aren't you playing them now if you're so enthralled with them, instead of whining on this board about it? CoD isn't the only class based game out there, and as of this point and time class based games are more relevant to the FPS scene. Sure, old school matches are fun and all, but if HVS is taking a different route why not see what they have in store? There's no quote from them saying "yes, we plan on taking Conduit 2 and making it CoD, cuz we hate all these "old schoolers" who can't play class games cuz then someone might start of with with a better weapon blah blah blah". Different weapons are for different play styles, there isn't one god weapon.

I realize that UT/Quake have a big following, but why not keep it with those games and let HVS develop the game they want to develop... if people keep complaining about how this game is too much like a game they don't like/isn't enough like a game they play all of the time anyway, development keeps getting pushed back and all of us have to wait even longer due to some fans not getting every flipping thing they want!
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/4/2010 8:11:07 PM
I lol'd.

Then I realised you might be serious.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#3DarkShadowRagePosted 4/4/2010 8:13:00 PM
Really? are you seriously going there?, you are treading in hot water.
---
|Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii 04/07/07|A big time Samus Fan|Conduit name: (Shadow)
#4CelticLink94(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2010 8:18:10 PM
really DSR? I respect that you're clearly obsessed with Quake/Q2/Q3/Q90174981289.... but not every game needs to be like that, just as you feel not every game should be like CoD. Let the devs keep working on what they have, I highly doubt that with the attention they've been giving to the fans, they'll screw over people by making a CoD cop-out... no offense, but if HVS tried to mimick CoD, they'd lose a ton of sales to people who realize, "hey, why not get the real thing instead of a knock off?"
I enjoy games that make their own type of multiplayer experience, rather than copying another... if you like one games version so much, stick with that game. You claim Quake and its bazillion offspring have robust online, so why not stick with that and experience something different with TCon 2?

And on a personal side note, I don't see the major deal with class-based online. Sure old school is fun, but class-based can still let you go solo if you are good at the game.
---
#5ammartin08Posted 4/4/2010 8:18:45 PM
The Conduit felt like its own experience, however much it beckoned back to my older days with Perfect Dark. With class-based multiplayer, it's going to be harder to make a good, original experience. Personally, I don't like where the "FPS scene" is going, if classes have to be integral to a current-gen shooter.

I've been playing and following Perfect Dark XBLA, and it's pretty popular, so obviously, the style of gameplay offered by the older shooters is still relevant to this day, and I'd like to see it get more attention. Still, though, from playing the first entry to the series, it's evident that HVS has what it takes to make a unique experience, and I'd like to see that again.
---
PSN - scrumtrelescent7
#6DarkShadowRagePosted 4/4/2010 8:22:43 PM
CelticLink94
Posted 4/4/2010 11:18:10 PM
message detail really DSR? I respect that you're clearly obsessed with Quake/Q2/Q3/Q90174981289.... but not every game needs to be like that, just as you feel not every game should be like CoD. Let the devs keep working on what they have, I highly doubt that with the attention they've been giving to the fans, they'll screw over people by making a CoD cop-out... no offense, but if HVS tried to mimick CoD, they'd lose a ton of sales to people who realize, "hey, why not get the real thing instead of a knock off?"
I enjoy games that make their own type of multiplayer experience, rather than copying another... if you like one games version so much, stick with that game. You claim Quake and its bazillion offspring have robust online, so why not stick with that and experience something different with TCon 2?

And on a personal side note, I don't see the major deal with class-based online. Sure old school is fun, but class-based can still let you go solo if you are good at the game.
---

HVS asks for the gamers opinions on what they want so i'm doing it.

Class based shooters are flooding the market and getting boring, add classes and conduit becomes another one onto that pile.

Returning to the roots while it might still be old, will be a new experience to all the class based shooters and it will stand out.
---
|Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii 04/07/07|A big time Samus Fan|Conduit name: (Shadow)
#7CelticLink94(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2010 8:25:28 PM
Except it won't be a new experience, it'll be an old one, just like all the games you reference. HVS knows what the fans want, let HVS take the suggestions and craft the game they feel is best... there is a line that should be drawn between helpful criticism/suggestions and whining, and when there are a boat-load of topics complaining about how this game is too much like one game and not enough like another game, that's pushing the spectrum towards whining.
---
#8DarkShadowRagePosted 4/4/2010 8:27:48 PM
They obviously don't know what fans want because not all fans want class based bullcrap.
---
#9Prime011Posted 4/4/2010 8:28:00 PM
Like DarkShadowRage stated, it would just be like the other FPS's, so what attention would it get? It would just be there and not stand out at all.
---
Waiting for: MH3, Metroid: Other M, SMG2, and CON2!!!
Hebrews 11:1
#10DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/4/2010 8:29:56 PM
I think the point isn't that no games should be CoD clones. I think the point is that almost every new FPS that comes out these days is, whereas a proper good new oldschool deathmatch shooter hasn't been released with a console style in years.
I had huge hopes for C.O.R.E, but ultimately, the game lacked content, bots, and ran rather poorly, the AI sucked, and my L button is broken, so I couldn't play it anyway. The last deathmatch FPS I've gotten into recently was UT3 on the PC, and sadly, I can't really run it that well.
The wii has a total of 0 oldschool shooters on it. It has 3 CoD style shooters that I can name off the top of my head.(MoHH2, CoD4MWR, CoD5WAW.)
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.