ATTN:HVSTony

#1DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/5/2010 10:40:29 PM
Have you ever considered adopting the "Friends and Rivals" system from Metroid Prime Hunters?
In spite of being a rather poorly received game, it had the best friend-code interface in a Nintendo WiFi game to date, basically being the same as a standard lobby system for anyone who was your friend and rival. And on top of that, if both players agreed, they could add eachother as rivals without exchanging friend codes.

I haven't seen a NWiFi game top this system. It'd be lovely for it to make a return, especially if the bugs were ironed out and the matchmaking service/hosting options were improved.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#2RichieGamerPosted 4/5/2010 10:42:09 PM
Tatsunoko vs Capcom also uses a Rival System.
---
~RaLoZ~
#3DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2010 10:45:47 PM
Does it have private F&R lobbies?

If so, this means this is within NWiFi protocols. It could be the ultimate answer to one of the biggest issues in the first game.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#4RichieGamerPosted 4/5/2010 10:47:51 PM
Nope, it uses matchmaking.
---
~RaLoZ~
#5DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2010 10:51:56 PM
Blah, failsauce. MPH still beats all.
Is that just sad or what? One of the earliest online NDS titles still has the best online interface of any NWiFi title, including Wii titles.
---
#6Valdimir_DregaPosted 4/5/2010 11:29:40 PM
This would be pure gold if TCon2 adopted a similar matchmaking system as MPH!

Dooooo iiiiiit!!!!
---
Check out High Voltage Software's new project, "The Grinder." Coming Haloween 2011 to Wii, 360, PS3, and PC
#7SupahShnipaPosted 4/6/2010 4:23:29 PM
I agree with this 100%

MPH has probably the best functionality of the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#8DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2010 11:18:07 PM
Bump because I wanna know what the whole HVS team thinks, and Tony is the easiest way to find out.
---
#9HVSTony(VIP)Posted 4/7/2010 1:02:27 AM
Again guys its never a problem of what we WANT to do. Its what we CAN do. I think the MP system stinks compared to something like STEAM or xbox live. If it was up to us it would be just like STEAM, but we can only do what Nintendo permits. We WANT it to be awesome. We DONT want friend codes. But just because Nintendo does it first party doesn't mean they're going to give 3rd party permission to use it.

Believe me, we will use the best best best system we can working with the constraints we are given.

-Tony
#10overlykilledPosted 4/7/2010 3:55:45 AM
than why on monster hunter tri you don't need fc's? there 3rd party also>.>
---
mwr overly-4365-1574-4297
overlyknife-3276-7806-0759