Should it matter if TCon 2 will be more like or less like CoD?

#1stufa1978Posted 4/6/2010 11:31:32 AM
By that I mean there's a lot of grumbling about TCon 2 looking more like CoDMW27.

Should it matter? We want an online FPS, we want 4 player split screen, we want co ops too.
I will accept how the game's mechanics work. I'm sure it'll differ from MW31 enough to make it it's own unique FPS experience.
---
Leave luck to Heaven.
#2Aile_WingPosted 4/6/2010 11:53:48 AM
I do understand why people would want The Conduit 2 to be like Call of Duty or Quake or whatever, and even though I do have my own preferences (although I won't tell you what those are because I don't want to get drawn into that argument), I really just want balanced gameplay with most of the problems from the first game fixed.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#3xIIConradIIxPosted 4/6/2010 12:04:25 PM
MW31 is my favorite game btw, I love how you kill the aliens by shooting elephants into the cheese shreader...

but yeah in all seriousness you do make a good point...
---
The Conduit : IConradI--1977-7953-9169
Brawl FC: 1590-7662-7737
#4UltimateFlame13Posted 4/6/2010 12:07:30 PM
I have a feeling the sci-fi settings and guns will help to distinguish. The good thing is there's multiple ways for a class system to work, so it doesn't have to be exactly like CoD.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Golden Sun TLA, Borderlands, MW2, Civ IV
#5venusePosted 4/6/2010 1:52:00 PM
frankly i like the whole class based weapon thing in fps so long as one class isnt ungodly powerful. it allows people to find the weapons they enjoy playing with and become better with them.
---
muramasa, dragon age origins, red steel 2, modern warefare 2
#6SupahShnipaPosted 4/6/2010 2:23:42 PM
I just want it to be original, not another COD/Halo clone.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#7liberalePosted 4/6/2010 4:08:09 PM
Well I said this in another topic, but I'll mention it here too. I saw nothing wrong with the first game's gameplay; it reminded me of Goldeneye actually, which is a good thing. But, if classes need to be in the game, then so be it.
---
Currently playing: Modern Warfare 2 (360), Borderlands, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Guild Wars
#8stufa1978(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2010 4:41:59 AM
Cheers chaps.

Without Classes, it does make it intersting to see how players will addapt their own class. I suppose this gives the superior players the feel of true supremacy, the swines.

But I think classes will make it more interesting.
---
Leave luck to Heaven.