Looks the same so far.....

#1ShadowSonicRagePosted 4/7/2010 6:46:10 AM
From the 2 or 3 pictures on here its looks the exact same :S
---
"I don't stand for the black man's side, I don' t stand for the white man's side.I stand for God's side." - Bob Marley
#201slayerPosted 4/7/2010 7:33:36 AM
There still doing tests and creating the game methinks. I highly doubt it will look the same it does in the pics when it comes out. But I wouldn't know.
---
The Conduit FC: 4640-6730-3909/3008-7863-1605
Pokemon Heart Gold FC: 4082 7699 2481
#3Valdimir_DregaPosted 4/7/2010 10:33:06 AM
Really the first game didn't have bad graphics and textures to start with. The main reason it looked "meh" was that the entire project was rushed. They didn't have time to adequately utilize the lighting, and shading effects in the Wii's hardware. In addition they couldn't pay as much attention to detail for lack of time. That isn't so much the case in this one. If you look at some of the screens in NP magazine that becomes evident. (Find the Compilation of known Conduit Info v. 1.5, to see those)

The background canvases were also extremely rushed. There's some parts in a few missions that you can actually see where the background ends if you take the time to observe the level design. In addition they were few and far between. HVS has already made it clear that they're striving to make some lively vistas and backgrounds for this one. That will probably include more depth and detail.

If you remember, the character models in the first game were really nice looking as well. The main aspect that downplayed that was rushed animation and odd AI. AI in this game is vastly improved. HVS has confirmed that there will be instances where you'll run into AI vs. AI vs. Ford situations to give a real sense of conflict. AI will also be weapon specific (snipers hang back, shotgunners rush, etc), and they'll kick over objects to use them as cover. There will also be plenty of NPCs, so no more character interactions via headset and mission brief; you'll actually be talking to characters standing right before you. Enemies also have a modular armor system, which mixes and matches different armor peices (shoulder pads, breastplates, helmets, etc.), so enemies will have a much more varied look.

There are also going to be a good amount of bosses scattered throughout the game. The one they've showed off looks pretty good as far as graphics go too.

So while I don't think that the visuals are receiving too much of an upgrade, they are definitely going to have much more detail, variation, and overall visceral effect.
---
Check out High Voltage Software's new project, "The Grinder." Coming Haloween 2011 to Wii, 360, PS3, and PC
#4Aile_WingPosted 4/7/2010 10:54:00 AM
ShadowSonicRage:
From the 2 or 3 pictures on here its looks the exact same :S

I'm glad you think so. If The Conduit 2's pre-alpha graphics look like The Conduit 1's final graphics, then I think things are going well so far.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#5plasma_beamPosted 4/7/2010 12:18:03 PM
no no. if you look closely, this one has a "2" on the title.
---
I'm neutral
#6xIIConradIIxPosted 4/7/2010 2:13:21 PM
^ you have no idea how much win is in that statement
---
The Conduit : IConradI--1977-7953-9169
Brawl FC: 1590-7662-7737
#7venusePosted 4/7/2010 2:44:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8stufa1978Posted 4/7/2010 4:16:03 PM
It does look similar, but that's no bad thing.

However there's already the 4 player split screen which already makes TCon2 better than 1, for me anyway.

Incidently, don't you think it looks like the Colossus level from Halo 2?

Cool.
---
Leave luck to Heaven.
#9ScottTheRockGodPosted 4/7/2010 4:18:57 PM
Why do people always say a games early screens will change massively because its an alpha/beta build? Trust me, if the screens look like that, the final game will look like that ok? And it looks great so far anyway.
---
--SFU-Six Feet Under owns you!-SFU--
#10SupahShnipaPosted 4/7/2010 4:23:16 PM
"Why do people always say a games early screens will change massively because its an alpha/beta build? Trust me, if the screens look like that, the final game will look like that ok? And it looks great so far anyway."

Pre Alpha - http://gamerinvestments.com/video-game-stocks/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex-screen.jpg

Final Build - http://images.brisbanetimes.com.au/2009/11/30/933555/modernwarfare-reflex5-420x0.jpg

I personally find this a big enough difference to be noticed.

---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa